164560RE: Recommendations for soda to eat in at Mercado Central San Jose

  • egelunddwayne
    Jan 22, 2014

      Peter,  I go to Volio coffee Shop. I like the export beans dark roast in a green package 3400 colons for a 12 oz bag. They also sell a lower grade. Located  across the street on ave 1 near corner of calle 6th. Years ago they use to roast it there it was much fresher and tasty.

      I have not eaten at the market for years. My neighbor who works  there informed me they have pest like rats and cockroaches. Many of the kitchens are upstairs and they lower the food down on dumbwaiters so you have no idea . Recommending sodas is a crap shoot, One time the food is decent then next is not. Also depends on the cook. Good luck

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic