163562RE: SANDAL MAKER - I'm seeking someone JUST to add new straps

  • stanhopi
    Nov 17, 2013

      ---In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, <livinglifeincostarica@...> wrote:

      > I have some REALLY COMFY Sandals ... but the straps were not leather so they're breaking
      > down ...  I'd love to find someone ... to make me some new leather straps ... The Shoe Repair
      > people I've contacted didn't seem able to do it.
      > Know anyone???

      Vicki, you simply have not asked the RIGHT shoe repair place.  DON'T GO TO the fancy gringo places, feh.  Take whatever spanish you have in thimble, bucket, or vat, and go and nicely ask the gentleman in nearby little hole-in-the-wall cobbler shop to make you some suitable straps.  Keep asking at these little places and you will quickly find someone who can accommodate your needs.  Shouldn't cost and arm and a leg neither; just a few bucks.

      HINT: Take some photos of appropriate straps from a magazine or from an advert with your little camera and print them out and take them with you to the cobbler so he has a good idea of what you need him to make.

      Paul M.
      Who makes NOTHING whatsoever from providing useful suggestions to others who need them.  (I don't know what made me say that!)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic