163250Re: Beware of Car Insurance Charges

  • gringo_ed
    Nov 1, 2013
      I have the AMEX Premium car rental coverage, and use it whenever I rent a car in CR.
      Unfortunately, I have utilized the claim service, in May of 2010 when I rear-ended a car in Escazu.
      After all was said and done, AMEX paid for all damage to the rental vehicle, about $1,800 without any problems whatsoever.
      I did have to pay the 20% deductible on the INS coverage for damages to the other driver's vehicle.
      For the cost of $29 for the entire rental period, the AMEX Premium car rental coverage is a great value.
      On the claims end it is a relatively painless process.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic