163236Re: Beware of Car Insurance Charges

  • Dr. Lawrence Salmansohn
    Oct 31, 2013
      I have the AMEX premium insurance which offers significant increases in coverage.
      It is a one time fee for each rental up to a maximum number of days, I think 40 something,
      for $29. I spent a considerable amount of time talking to them about this and they advised
      taking only the basic insurance. You have to sign the waiver of $1200 for damage with the
      rental company but Amex says that they refund it and work out the details of damage with the
      vendor. Fortunately, haven't had to find out how it works but AMEX has been great in the past
      resolving disputes for me.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic