158464Re: Moving to CR

  • Debra
    Apr 17 6:18 PM
      > My wife and I will be moving to CR in August and are thinking of driving down the Pan Am highway with a trailer full of our stuff.

      Has to be an enclosed trailer. Security and theft are still a problem.

      Portions of the highway are 12% grades, up and down, unlike the maximum 6% in the US.

      Once you are in Costa Rica or any country along the route except Mexico, you will have to take the car and trailer out of the country every 90 days or pay import duty.

      H4E
    • Show all 60 messages in this topic