152413Re: Banking

  • BarryS
    Oct 17, 2012
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "sendsr" <sendsr@...> wrote:

      > ...a few months in CR. ...dollar account?

      The US Govmt has gone nutz over citizens with a foreign bank account. They pressured Banco de Costa Rica. Every time there was a serious dollar deposit in it, they closed the account and told us to come in and show them where the money came from. I did. Then we reopened the account - from the beginning, all the paperwork, etc. After the third closure, I just left it closed. We get along just fine with an account in the US and an ATM card here. Withdrawals take seconds, no problems.

      Barry Stevens
      School help, food, microloans
      http://www.elpuente-thebridge.org
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic