152262Re: How much time for your cedula?

  • stanhopi
    Oct 12, 2012
      > The definition of a Cédula means an official identity document issued
      > by a government. Thus the newer DIMEX (Documento de Identidad
      > Migratorio para Extranjeros) cards issued to legal residents could
      > indeed be referred to as a Cédula, because it too is an official
      > identity document issued by a government.

      I'm with txtita on this, for the reasons she posted.

      The current DIMEX cards say just that, 'Documentos de Identidad', right
      on the front lower right in prominent red lettering.

      And the clerk at La Migra the other day referred to mine that I was getting
      renewed as a cédula. If La Migra is calling them that the CR govt certainly
      must be referring to it as a cédula, too.

      Just FWIW . . .

      Paul M.
      ==
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic