151836Re: a justification for street signs... and justification for NOT having them!

  • BarryS
    Oct 2, 2012
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "O.L." <olamoree@...> wrote:

      > ... Avenida 0, Calle 0 ...

      Thank God! We've found the origin! In Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, new street signs have been set up. There is, for example, an intersection branded as "Avenida 69" and "Calle 216". For those of you who have visited in Puerto, you'll understand why the locals are rolling around on the ground laughing.

      > And missing STOP and street signs?

      One of the first things we learned here was that stop signs (and traffic lights) are merely suggestions!

      Barry Stevens
      School help, food, microloans
      http://bit.ly/yQSVOZ CC for english
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic