147044Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Chinese Police academy

  • Fred Morgan
    Jun 1, 2012
      I have heard in the past that the motivation for the donations from the
      Chinese (and before them, the Taiwanese) is due to China not wanting
      Taiwan to receive status in the UN.

      I would think as well if I were China and I wanted CR to start buying my
      cars, it would make sense to donate a sizable amount into a very visible
      area - like patrolling police cars. It also makes it worth while for the
      places that sell auto parts to start stocking replacement parts, when
      you have a ready made customer base.

      I rather doubt they are trying to push dogma - we would be so lucky here
      in Costa Rica, because then the West would start pushing money too! I am
      sure the Ticos know very well how to play both ends for the most benefit.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic