128585Re: Arenal

  • Who Sees
    Apr 6, 2011
      We were there in Dec/Jan. Stayed at the observatory lodge. There was no sound and no rocks rolling down the side( tephra). For the brief moments the summit was visible you could have convinced yourself it was smoking but it was hard to tell.

      I inquired at the Volcano Observatory Lodge reception desk and was told there has been no activity in months. I vaguely recall them saying Nov 2010 was the last activity, but it may have been even longer. We also asked at the new private park out near the road and they confirmed that there was no activity.

      Ed
    • Show all 44 messages in this topic