121049Re: General thoughts on Cost of Living and CR

  • artedwards65
    Nov 2, 2010
      > Why subsidize at all? Let everyone compete on equal basis and consumers pay market prices.

      Haven't you ever heard of buying votes???? Think of how many people that those subsidizes provide extra money too, many, many votes. When I was in Wisconsin I knew a farmer that was on 360 acres, getting subsidized milk checks and drawing welfare. His wife stood in line to get surplus cheese and butter. Who do you think they voted for???? He had a $30,000 dollar tractor that sat most of the year. He only used it for plowing, planting corn and harvesting the corn all with a government sponsored loan, not even sure he was paying anything back.

      Art
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic