114230Re: Passport Stamps and Semantics

  • szymonowicz2000
    Jul 1 2:08 PM
      "I wonder how many tourist who serially leave the country to maintain their status checked out the requirements for residence before moving here, and realized that they would not qualify?"

      We checked it out and were going to have me apply and when hubby retired have him apply (he is on a 2 month on 2 month off rotation working abroad). Unfortunately I had trouble getting the needed letter from the financial institution where my money is parked. In the meantime the rules changed and we don't have the needed 150k. Now we have to wait for an inheritance before we can apply.

      BTW - I reside in Costa Rica - even though I am here on a tourist visa and leave the country every 90 days for 3 weeks.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic