109037Re: sabana cementerio bus - ruta 2 - reduced?

  • Julie
    Apr 1, 2010
      Thanks Bruce -

      The stop was near Paseo Colon, one stop before the National Gymnasium in La Sabana park.

      Recently (earlier in the day), we got on there, and when we got to the N-Gym, they switched buses (and drivers) - we all toddled off and over to the new bus, got on (a guy counted us, we didn't pay again), and away we went.

      So, right now, my best guess is that at night this route either reduces its hours (and thus drivers), or completely stops running. My reasoning is admittedly a little thin; it could just be coincidence that two drivers in a row did this.

      Fortunately, the alternative was easy (walked back to PC for route 1). Love it that there is always an alternative! :-)

      As a note, it has (and still is) taken some time to figure out the intricacies of my local bus. The Barrio Escalante bus (it has a website! http://www.transguilial.com/terminal.htm) runs every 8-10 minutes during the week, from about 6 am to 7 (tried to catch that one back to UCR, but only caught the breeze of its passing). On Sunday, it runs only every 1/2 hr. Saturday schedule may be the same as weekdays or Sundays (don't know yet).

      >Both buses were most likely going off duty
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic