Re: [CorvusBrothers] out in the open. -Brothers only plz esp Serenity

  • Kim Pugh
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1 6:55 AM
      Actually, let me clarify.  I managed to get ahold of him about 3 days? before the meeting.  I spoke to him from a half hour to an hour, where I practically begged him to show up to the meeting where he was put on probation.  It was kind of a surprise, actually, when probation was voted for, but I warned Darren about the concerns people had and how important it was that he show up for that meeting.  I think, he was still in town at that point, but needed to pack etc.  I asked him to write a letter defending himself.  Mail it to me or drop it on my doorstep.  He completely, failed to do so.  In his e-mail he alludes to a six month job he had in Northern CA.  This job rendered him completely incomunicado for those six months, so no one could say boo to him.  He refers to it in his e-mail.  It might have been a good idea for him to call me and say, "Hey Sciah, I'm back in town.  How did that REALLY important meeting (which you weren't at, Serenity) go?", but needless to say he didn't.  BTW, at Estrella, we found out Darren was there from, one of the Romanii? late Saturday.  I really, like Darren and would like things to work out, in terms of his staying a brother, but if he wants to stay a brother, maybe even if he doesn't camp with us, he should consider dropping by and saying hello?
      So, I'm sure your Delphic wisdom would have caused you to handle things so much better, but Darren was warned.  Sciah

      From: serenityf@aol. com <serenityf@aol. com>
      To: CorvusBrothers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 5:41 PM

      The fact you had no notice of the suspension really highlights the problem with how we handled it.  Phone calls should have been made, as not everyone is an email junkie like a lot of us are.  But that's a whole other issue.

      This should probably be discussed face to face at the next Brothers meeting.  In my opinion, I don't see why we can't have a Brother that camps with another group, as yes you have earned the cloak and no you haven't done anything to warrant that cloak being taken away.  We have Brothers (and Hearth Members) in our group that camp elsewhere, and I don't think there's anything to be gained by making you, or any of them, "choose".

      And trust me, I understand about life getting in the way.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1 12:34 PM
        Listen, man, I went by what the dude said, and he said:

        "I'm still woefully uninformed as far as my "suspension" goes. had i known what this email list was saying and had i been able to attend brothers meetings, i would not have gone to  the last fall potrero."

        So if you put in the effort to make him defend his actions and get to the meeting (which I couldn't attend because I had a work function for the Emmys that day in Hollywood, if you must know), then fabulous. It was a crappy situation and put many people in awkward positions and the only result from the whole terrible ordeal was Sept War was cancelled forever.  Wee.

        This guy says he wants to be in Corvus.  Some members of Corvus seem to doubt his intentions.  This seems a better issue to discuss in person.  The end.

        Actually, let me clarify.  I managed to get ahold of him about 3 days? before the meeting.  I spoke to him=2 0from a half hour to an hour, where I practically begged him to show up to the meeting where he was put on probation.  It was kind of a surprise, actually, when probation was voted for, but I warned Darren about the concerns people had and how important it was that he show up for that meeting.  I think, he was still in town at that point, but needed to pack etc.  I asked him to write a letter defending himself.  Mail it to me or drop it on my doorstep.  He completely, failed to do so.  In his e-mail he alludes to a six month job he had in Northern CA.  This job rendered him completely incomunicado for those six months, so no one could say boo to him.  He refers to it in his e-mail.  It might have been a good idea for him to call me and say, "Hey Sciah, I'm back in town.  How did that REALLY important meeting (which you weren't at, Serenity) go?", but needless to say he didn't.  BTW, at Estrella, we found out Darren was there from, one of the Romanii? late Saturday.  I really, like Darren and would like things to work out, in terms of his staying a brother, but if he wants to stay a brother, maybe even if he doesn't camp with us, he should consider dropping by and saying hello?
[...]

        Conversely, I HAVE been spending a goodly amount of time with the gyppos and i feel VERY happy to be a part of them as far as ive been able so far. It's been recently brought to my attention=2 0that Rromani would like to consider me for a very rare, 'case-by-case' , non-voting,  non-manditory- fighting membersh ip (blue sash) in their household. Myself, and the Rroma, just want to be sure that this is something that's alright with the lot of yeh's. I recognize this practice is accepted as far as corvites being Drafn members(who all has that btw?) However, it's not been done with this household before.

        Can you guys hit me me back in this group with feedback, plz? The Rromani (and I) want permission befor continuing consideration.

        Love,
        Dagwood Hothgarson MKA: Darren Edward von Braun
        619-218-3467

        PS: My intention continues to be to fight as a corvite whenever my powerful masculine form graces the feilds of killing. just in case i had any doubting thomas'.

        PPS: sorry for the third person, asa. it was just easier to write that way. =p
        PPPS: Romani leadership said they could arrange meeting to answer questions if u have them and i cant answer.

      • Albert and Suzanne Anderson
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1 4:16 PM
          serenityf@... wrote:  "This guy says he wants to be in Corvus.  Some members of Corvus seem to doubt his intentions.  This seems a better issue to discuss in person.  The end."

          Brothers,

          I completely agree with Serenity's sentiment, above, except for the "end" part.  Asa's going to speak to him off list.

          Unfortunately, it's not really over until just prior to May war when we agreed to reevaluate Darren's suspension that resulted from his attendance at September Potrero despite our group decision not to attend.  The fact that he didn't know about that ban speaks volumes about how active he was prior to that point.  The fact that he claims not to have known about his own suspension speaks even louder.  But all of that is now just water under the bridge except that we have to follow through on our own plan to suspend Darren's status as a Brother until May when we will decide whether to lift his suspension based on his actions during that suspension.

          This whole thing would be a complete non-issue if he came to regular practices to stay current.  Where he camps, who he party's with, and whether he would like dual membership in another group are only relevant in as much as those things might or might not weigh in on the active members' votes in May.

          At this point, there is no motion or serious talk about making some wider policy about camping, or partying, or fighting, or anything else for that matter.  I would oppose any such policy even if it were proposed.  Darren's is a special case only because all of those issues have managed to come together at the same time as his suspension for attending September war despite our vote not to attend.

          And yet Darren didn't come to practice, again, today.  Or the last brigade practice.  Or the one before that.  Or any other Corvus-only even in well over 6 months.  Hell, even Bruno showed up today, albeit not in armor.

          There is a practice on the third Wednesday of this month at 7 PM.  And there is one on the first Sunday in April.  There may be another practice in May, but that's about it, unless he can get up to one of the practices at Murdy Park in Orange County.  At this point, e-mails are a waste of time because actions will speak louder than words.  I would strongly encourage him to get to every single one of those Corvus events that he possibly can attend in armor and fighting.

          Albert