Request for the Raiders

  • Al Anderson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 22, 2009
      Raider Brothers,

      Have you guys considered buying spears for use on bridges and castles?

      I think we should have no more than 2 glaves and no tourney rigs in
      bridges and castles. For example, if Kuma and Ranwolf carried
      glaves, and if Marcus carried a scutum, then Landon, Jorm, and Marcus
      (all of whom have gauntlets, I think) could carry spears. Aeron
      could carry a spear or a bow. Etc.

      I am increasingly convinced that bridges are all about big shields,
      9' spears, and crossbows. Anything else is often just taking up
      space except in the rare cases when the enemy charges into our 2nd or
      3rd ranks when a glave or two can pound their lead chargers' heads
      down into their chest cavities to help stop the charge.

      In open and broken fields, all of these guys would then ditch their
      spears for glaves/tourney rigs.

      I think our bridge effectiveness would dramtaically improve if did
      this, since it would often double our spear count.

      Would you guys consider doing that this year?

      On a related note, I also think that every time Aeron and I are on
      the same side of a bridge battle where the other side as crossbows,
      that we should both carry bows to focus primarily on counter archer
      fire. One counter archer isn't quite enough. But two, one on each
      side of a bridge, can create a crossfire that is more effective in
      suppressing or destroying enemy archers.

      Thoughts?

      Albert
    • Al Anderson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 23, 2009
        Landon, Magnus, and Kuma? Thoughts on getting spears for bridge
        battles into the hands of Landon, Magnus, and Jorm?

        Bueller? Bueller?

        -Albert

        --- In CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com, "Al Anderson" <aanderson@...>

      • skyngangor@aol.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 23, 2009
            I just try to remember that "there is no spoon."

            http://aura.gaia.com/photos/13/125992/large/Neo_No_Spoon.jpg

            Albert
            whose last name just happens to be "Anderson," as in "Mr. Anderson"
            to you, Subi.

            --- In CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com, skyngangor@... wrote:

            > You guys better reply quick. Albert's next tactic is to call you on
            the
            > phone and leave long entreaties to bend you to his will... it
            doesn't work, but
            > that won't stop him from trying.
            >

            > In a message dated 1/23/2009 11:06:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
            > aanderson@... writes:
            >
            > Landon, Magnus, and Kuma? Thoughts on getting spears for bridge
            > battles into the hands of Landon, Magnus, and Jorm?
            >
            > Bueller? Bueller?
            >
            > -Albert
            >

            > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
            just 2 easy
            > steps!
            > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?
            redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%
            26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De

          • Braukuche@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 23, 2009
              And I always thought you were the most malleable of all the Corvites.
              --Bruno

            • KniteNevar@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                I would say 1/2 of Corvus raiders has the abilities to switch between swords/med. scutums to glaves. I have two "rattan" spears, and I know Aeron has a spear. Here a quick layout of which guys fight with which weapons.

                Kuma               glave
                Ranwolf            glave
                Jorn                 glave
                Landon             S/S, glave, spear                    (S/S = sword/scutum)
                Nafar "cripple!"  S/S, glave, spear
                Magnis             S/S, glave, spear
                Aeron               S/S, glave, spear, crossbow
                Killian               S/S, crossbow
                Wolfram            S/S
                Marcus             S/S

                Most of us are suppose to wear throwing hammers however in the past year we have been "lazy" about it.

                Nafar

[...]

              • Albert and Suzanne Anderson
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                  Jorm should probably have a spear for bridges.  I've never seen Magnis with a spear.  Does he have one?  I don't think Landon has his own, does he?  Marcus can carry a scutum on a bridge.

                  Kuma and Ranwolf are effective on a bridge with glaves, but my point is that any more than 2 glaves is a waste if the remainder can get spears (preferrably) or scutums.

                  Will Jorm, Landon, and Magnus consider getting spears for use on bridges and castles only?  We would be MUCH better off if they did, especially on bridges at brigade practice.

                  I don't know Wolfram.

                  Albert

                  KniteNevar@... wrote:

                  I would say 1/2 of Corvus raiders has the abilities to switch between swords/med. scutums to glaves. I have two "rattan" spears, and I know Aeron has a spear. Here a quick layout of which guys fight with which weapons.

                  Kuma               glave
                  Ranwolf            glave
                  Jorn                 glave
                  Landon             S/S, glave, spear                    (S/S = sword/scutum)
                  Nafar "cripple!"  S/S, glave, spear
                  Magnis             S/S, glave, spear
                  Aeron               S/S, glave, spear, crossbow
                  Killian               S/S, crossbow
                  Wolfram            S/S
                  Marcus             S/S

                  Most of us are suppose to wear throwing hammers however in the past year we have been "lazy" about it.

                  Nafar

                  </>

                • KniteNevar@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                    Its possible they could use spears as the battle dictate. The last time we had a few "fiberglass" spears they all broke within a couple of wars! The rattan spears are heavy and not straight but are more duriable. They are welcome to use the two I have.

                    Nafar

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 24, 2009
                      Yes they will consider it.  If someone has a extra one please bring it for them to try.
                      Kuma