RE: [CorvusBrothers] Re: Brothers List Only - Who is on the watch list?

  • Breeding, Mark J CIV 283
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 19, 2008
      could there be a proxy task we could ask of them?

      How about re-painting them?
      Rat

      From: Al Anderson <aanderson@...
      <mailto:aanderson@...> >
      watch list?
      To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 9:22 AM

      So, do guys like Aeron and Jorm, who fight with spear and glave
      with
      the Raiders, who don't use scutums as a unit, still need to make
      scutum for the unit to be eligible for membership consideration?

      I would say "yes," but I'm not sure.

      But if that is the case, has anybody told them to make one? For
      that
      matter, has anybody told Eoian to make one?

      Albert

      --- In CorvusBrothers@ yahoogroups. com
      <mailto:CorvusBrothers%40yahoogroups.com> , william stoner
      <kumastoner@ ...> wrote:

      > As for the northern potentials, Jorm would like to be a
      brother.
      He has only camped with Corvus for one war, Estrella. He will
      be
      coming to our September alternate war party. He attends Tuesday

      night practices and brigade practices regularly. Aeron I
      believe has
      exceeded the war events. He has attended several northern and
      southern brigade practices.

      > Kuma
    • Cybian
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 19, 2008

        I always thought it was more of the act of making one and not just the fact that they have one.  But a little blood, sweat and tears in making one or helping make six or ten with others!

        Traditionally we had the suctems made because we would destroy at least one every year.   Now that we make them out of aluminum, we don't have that problem.  How many scutems do we want/store/transpor t.

        Plus, it was always my belief that just paying for one was never really the point.  To me the act of making one was more an act to the devotion to the Ravens.   They don't have to construct it from scratch or alone, this is not like a Jedi making a lightsaber before he is knighted.  However, as far as i know, we are not constructing them much anymore and could there be a proxy task we could ask of them?

        No one has talked to them yet about that.  I will.  Is there anyone making scutems that they could pay to fabricate one.

        Kuma

        So, do guys like Aeron and Jorm, who fight with spear and glave with
        the Raiders, who don't use scutums as a unit, still need to make a

        --- In CorvusBrothers@ yahoogroups. com, william stoner
        <kumastoner@ ...> wrote:

        > As for the northern potentials, Jorm would like to be a brother.
        He has only camped with Corvus for one war, Estrella.  He will be
        coming to our September alternate war party.  He attends Tuesday
        night practices and brigade practices regularly.  Aeron I believe has
        exceeded the war events.  He has attended several northern and
        southern brigade practices.

        > Kuma

      • Cybian
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 19, 2008

          Bahaha… Maybe Magnus… Good one!  Do you mean Brother Magnus?  I say for the other three that their task on the road to become a Corvus Brother is to try and attend September War without getting caught and bring back something from the Barony.  Some type of token.

          Cybian Maximus

          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 19, 2008
            Re: [CorvusBrothers] Brothers List Only - Who is on the wa
            Albert, you are not Pendragon nor in the Triskelion. Potential member nominations are kept by the Triskelion and brought to the brothers for a vote.

            Nearing the end of my term, I have to say that is a lot more difficult to be PD these days as we have many strong personalities who have been in the Triskelion, and we need to remember to support and defer to those we elect and not try to over-shadow these people who hold office--it's hard enough as it is.

            If any of these people on this list want to be members; then, they need to attend some practices.

            Eoian has been the only one who has showed a lot of interest and enthusiasm about becoming a Corvus Brother since May War.

            Bedwyr

            Big KURT  just took on a second job but hes VERY interested in becomming a brother still !
            wayne

            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 21, 2008
              Bedwyr,

              I know that I'm not in the Triskelion. I was writing as an interested
              member, not as a leader. And nobody ever told me that the watch list
              is secret from members, so I asked.

              What kinds of topics would you like to see on this list?

              And, more importantly, what would you like to see NOT posted to this
              Brothers-only list.

              If potential members are off limits, then what kinds of Brothers-only
              discussions are OK?

              Thanks.

              Albert
            • Cybian
              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 22, 2008

                All I can say is… Albert got his pee pee slapped. Albert got his pee pee slapped.

                Hehe… Sorry could not resist!

                Cybian Maximus… Living the Nightmare... I mean Dream!