Re: Armor and a crossbow.

  • Albert de Moulton
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 21, 2012
      Eric and everyone,

      I haven't been fighting for a long time, so I guess I really miss the ability to tell myself, "someday I'm going to get back into fighting." I have quit the SCA only to restart later several times in the past, so I always figured I'd go back again at some point. I really enjoyed the feeling of being out on the field as part of a Corvus unit.

      I'm sure I'll see you around at some point. And I'll stay on the Brother's yahoo group.

      Albert

      --- In CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com, "Smidt, John (USMS)" <john.smidt@...> wrote:

      > Albert,
      > That is really sad news. I miss you at Corvus. I sure hope that this medical condition won't get any worse. Too many really good brothers have "dropped off the net". I hope we will be able to see you at Brigade practice or day tripping up to Potreo war or something. A lot of fond memories and my best wishes, Eric " The Marshal"
    • Alex Hare
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 21, 2012
        Sorry to hear it, Albert! We'll miss you in the fighting (and by "we" I mean the rest of the guys because who knows when I'll be down again).

        Is Marshalling still an option for you? It's always a good idea to have Marshals who actually know what it's like to be a fighter on the field.

        Stay safe,
        Runwulf

        On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Albert de Moulton <aanderson@...> wrote:

        I have a new medical condition that makes fighting in the future something I cannot return to safely since the medicine I take makes me somewhat anemic, and I have to avoid activities that result in bruising. Lol, SCA heavy fighting is clearly an activity that results in bruising!

        Anyway, I want to hand over my helmet (stainless steel lobster tail salet), some plate armor (legs, chest, arms with decent plate, but bad straps), and an SCA crossbow. I'd like to sell any or all of them for anyone who wants to make a best offer. I'm not looking for what they are worth, just something more than nothing so they can go to Corvus brothers. Make halfway reasonable offer, and we can discuss it off line.

        Please mail my albertmoulton yahoo e-mail directly with any offers, or post here if you want me to call you: albertmoulton@....

        Albert

      • aanderson@san.rr.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2012
          I hadn't given marshalling any thought yet. I suppose I could. I'll give it some thought.

          I'm doing very well. So, even though I've had a health scare that means I can't fight anymore, I'm in good shape and my prognosis looks quite good for staying generally healthy.

          Albert

          ---- Alex Hare <ajaxxe@...> wrote:
          > Sorry to hear it, Albert! We'll miss you in the fighting (and by "we" I
          > mean the rest of the guys because who knows when I'll be down again).
          >
          > Is Marshalling still an option for you? It's always a good idea to have
          > Marshals who actually know what it's like to be a fighter on the field.
          >
          > Stay safe,
          > Runwulf
          >

          > On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Albert de Moulton <aanderson@...>wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I have a new medical condition that makes fighting in the future something
          > > I cannot return to safely since the medicine I take makes me somewhat
          > > anemic, and I have to avoid activities that result in bruising. Lol, SCA
          > > heavy fighting is clearly an activity that results in bruising!
          > >
          > > Anyway, I want to hand over my helmet (stainless steel lobster tail
          > > salet), some plate armor (legs, chest, arms with decent plate, but bad
          > > straps), and an SCA crossbow. I'd like to sell any or all of them for
          > > anyone who wants to make a best offer. I'm not looking for what they are
          > > worth, just something more than nothing so they can go to Corvus brothers.
          > > Make halfway reasonable offer, and we can discuss it off line.
          > >
          > > Please mail my albertmoulton yahoo e-mail directly with any offers, or
          > > post here if you want me to call you: albertmoulton@....
          > >
          > > Albert

        • jay kienle
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2012
            With your expertise, think about autocratting (running) the fighting for a
            war sometime. Maybe after getting experience with marshalling first. think
            about it.
            Miss ya,
            Karl

            ---- Alex Hare <ajaxxe@...> wrote:
            > Sorry to hear it, Albert! We'll miss you in the fighting (and by "we" I
            > mean the rest of the guys because who knows when I'll be down again).
            >
            > Is Marshalling still an option for you? It's always a good idea to have
            > Marshals who actually know what it's like to be a fighter on the field.
            >
            > Stay safe,
            > Runwulf
            >

            > On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Albert de Moulton
            > <aanderson@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I have a new medical condition that makes fighting in the future
            > > something
            > > I cannot return to safely since the medicine I take makes me somewhat
            > > anemic, and I have to avoid activities that result in bruising. Lol, SCA
            > > heavy fighting is clearly an activity that results in bruising!
            > >
            > > Anyway, I want to hand over my helmet (stainless steel lobster tail
            > > salet), some plate armor (legs, chest, arms with decent plate, but bad
            > > straps), and an SCA crossbow. I'd like to sell any or all of them for
            > > anyone who wants to make a best offer. I'm not looking for what they are
            > > worth, just something more than nothing so they can go to Corvus
            > > brothers.
            > > Make halfway reasonable offer, and we can discuss it off line.
            > >
            > > Please mail my albertmoulton yahoo e-mail directly with any offers, or
            > > post here if you want me to call you: albertmoulton@....
            > >
            > > Albert

          • Mhuarte
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2012
              Albert,
              I'm glad to hear you are doing better! It would be great to see you, you should come out & camp & hang out.  Marshaling always helps and it keeps you close to the fighting, plus we need your organizational expertise

              Michael D. Huarte
              General Manager
              Western Sage Management
              619-944-5403