Re: [CorvusBrothers] Helmet gauge

  • william stoner
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 20, 2012
      Hi,
      I fight with a 16g stainless helm.  I prefer less weight on my head but I do have a thick neck.
      Kuma

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 20, 2012
        I didn't know you could get one that thin! I have to see what the weight difference is next time.
        --Bruno

        Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:13 AM

        Tristan is looking to buy a helmet, they come in 14 gauge and 12 gauge, which is better?
        --Bruno

      • Smidt, John (USMS)
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 20, 2012

          Bruno,

          That’s Kuma’s “Frankenhelm”, it very ugliness causes rattan to resist coming in contact with it, so it can thus be of lighter gauge steel.  Eric “The Marshal”

          Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:13 AM

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 20, 2012
            The original Frankenhelm will always be Big Mike's big, black monstrosity. Is that thing even around anymore?

            Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:13 AM

            Tristan is looking to buy a helmet, they come in 14 gauge and 12 gauge, which is better?
            --Bruno

          • jay kienle
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 20, 2012
              16 stainless is roughly equivalent to 14 gauge mild steel

              Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:17 PM

              Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:13 AM

              Tristan is looking to buy a helmet, they come in 14 gauge and 12 gauge, which is better?
              --Bruno

            • Bridget Lucia MacKenzie
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 21, 2012

                Definitely your squinty eyes, Karl! Give my best to Sandy . Beautiful baby!

                Bridget

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 21, 2012
                  Damn Karl a cute kid, congrats

                  Michael Huarte
                  Western Sage Management
                  General Manager
                  619-944-5403 Mobile
                  619-793-1200 FAX

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 21, 2012
                    Thanks Bro Bridget.

                    Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:16 AM

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 22, 2012
                        I have the frankenhelm in a box somewhere in my garage

                        Michael D. Huarte
                        General Manager
                        Western Sage Management
                        619-944-5403