Need cloak broaches

  • Bridget Lucia MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 3, 2012

      We used the last cloak broach that was in the Druid Box. We need more, at least one for Great Western War, and certainly more for the future.

      Subitai has made many wonderful broaches, but cannot do them anymore.

      Can a Brother step forward to dish out the brass and have the Ravens engraved on more broaches? Or find another artisan to do the work?

      Bridget

    • jay kienle
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 3, 2012
        I can dish the brass for sure, the engraving I am not so sure of.  I’m not set up for acid etching, but I’ll check with some friends that are and see how tough it is.
        karl

        Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 10:00 AM
        Subject: [CorvusBrothers] Need cloak broaches

        We used the last cloak broach that was in the Druid Box. We need more, at least one for Great Western War, and certainly more for the future.

        Subitai has made many wonderful broaches, but cannot do them anymore.

        Can a Brother step forward to dish out the brass and have the Ravens engraved on more broaches? Or find another artisan to do the work?

        Bridget

      • Smidt, John (USMS)
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 3, 2012
          Karl, Are you a Dad yet? What is the good news?!! Eric

          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 3, 2012
            Hello all,
              I am on it! I can etch brass and have begun to design a new brass broaches for the cloaks. The design for the new broaches will be a secrete and I hope to revile it by the end of this month. If it goes good then I will produce the next line.

              I have also decided to craft one for each triskelion position that will be passed on to the next. ( a dragon, a ram and a Oak tree). Copper maybe.

            Ambrose

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 3, 2012
              Must,,,,resist,,,,,,!!!!!!

              Pat

              To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 4, 2012
                I'll say it!  I'm looking forward to reviling the new broach design.  We'll all get together and bitch about the design and talk about how if we had gotten off our asses and done it, it would be so much better.  Ambrose, we love your self deprecation.  The Corvus peanut gallery cannot be avoided, so it may as well be joined.
                Sciath

                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 4, 2012
                  Bahahahaha!!!! don't worry, I will love them and every one else with just wear the POS out of respect.

                  "Participate and don't be a Richard".
                  Ambrose

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 4, 2012
                    Nope, the kid’s  a procrastinator like her dad.  They will induce labor Thursday if she doesn’t come sooner.
                    Karl

                    Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:46 PM

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 4, 2012

                      Thank you so much, Ambrose! You rock!

                      Bridget

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 5, 2012
                        (Reveal) ok. Shush ... grammar gestapo! What do you have on your caps? A baby skull reading a book?

                        Ambrose the un-learned

                        patrick kaschube <pkaschube@...> wrote:

                        I was just imagining him secreteing them and thinking,,,,,ouch,,,,,,

                        Pat

                        To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com; CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com
                        From: frecks2@...
                        Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 20:27:22 -0700

                        Ambrose I would hope that neither you or any of the other Brothers "revile" your new design.

                        Hothy and I made dozens of them over the course of six or so years and I still have all of the dishing tools etc. if anyone wants them but alas I no longer have the space or time but I can teach you how to etch as I am sure Suby can as well

                        Dannicus

                        Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 6, 2012
                          I lost sleep over not firing away with both barrels when I first read that. Really? A spelling oops is no big deal,,,,unless,,,,,it is really funny!!!!!! Just secrete those reviled broaches! Your a rock star!

                          Pat

                          To: pkaschube@...
                          CC: corvusbrothers@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 18, 2012
                            I wonder what it would cost to have a die made for stamping out the broaches. It might be something we want to consider doing.

                            Bedwyr