New Brother Recommendation

  • Ogre
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
      Greetings brothers,

      I would like to recommend Marcus be added to our ranks as a brother. I don't make this recommendation lightly as the last guy we made a brother is a real pain in the ass. I have heard that in the past Marcus has been considered but has not really stood out. I can see how Marcus could be considered quiet as I have talked to him on occasion but never really spent much time with him, that is until Estrella where I was able to talk more one on one with him. Beyond all that, and more importantly in my opinion is the way he picked up a scutem due to low numbers and dropped right into ranks with the likes of me and kicked some serious ass. I feel it would be a loss to not welcome him as a brother. I would like to formally bring this up after the May 6th brigade practice, so if you're not going to make it be sure to contact me or Valrik or Magnus or Bridget before May 6th.

      Your ever bloodthirsty Tyrant…I mean Pendragon
      Atellus
    • Kent Crookshanks
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
        Not sure I've met Marcus.

        Question, is this to make him a brother at next war or put him on the watch list?
        Also has he actually requested to be a brother?

        ~Faelan

        To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
          My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong ) is that he has been on the watch list.

          Atellus
        • patrick kaschube
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
            I've only been back a year or two but I've been at all and fought at most wars since I have returned to the Best Coast. Marcus simply put,,,rocks. He has a great sense of humour, is not a dick and is not a burden. He always fights. He is just quiet. He expressed to me that he wanted to be made a Brother and I believe he has expressed this to others in the past. I brought this up to the Pendragon and then again at the Brothers circle at Estrella. I would personally like to see a white cloak on him at Potrero. Not sure if the CG is going to let me attend Potrero so I may not see it in person. Anyway, I have seen him on the field ALOT! I got to know him a bit better at Estrella and this 20yr Brother says AYE!!!!!!

            Pat

            To: corvusbrothers@yahoogroups.com

            From: skruffyscott@...
            Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:35:05 +0000

[...]

          • Bridget Lucia MacKenzie
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012

              Here is a picture of Marcus, http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150724567747241.418384.630117240&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=10150722306112241&set=a.10150724567747241.418384.630117240&type=3&theater

              If you cant see it, send me a Facebook friend request and I will add you (and tell me who you are, not just your mundane name! )

              Bridget

              To: corvusbrothers@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 17, 2012
                Marcus has been around for awhile now, I think 4 years.  He is quite and gets lost in all of our loud personalities.  Yet he has shown a dedication to fight alot and he is easy to hang out with around the camp.  Picking up a scutem and fighting all day is a good thing.  We need a few mroe scutem drivers out there.

                Valrik

                Michael Huarte
                Western Sage Management
                General Manager
                619-944-5403 Mobile
                619-793-1200 FAX

                To: corvusbrothers@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 17, 2012
                  Brothers,

                  I am running the scenarios for May war.  I need help setting up the haybale castle and the bridge.  You get to get in on Wednesday.  I am cross posting this to the Iron Brigade list.  I have it planned out so it should only take us a few hours to do the castle.  We will not be lugging those things around the battlefield, I will schedule them to be dropped where the castle will be (in the clearing amongst the trees) and we will unfold the castle from the stack.  That seems the least amount of dragging of haybales.  So I need help, I will be making martini surprises for those who help out.

                  Here is where to sign up, register under heavies-marshall

                  plus tell me you are coming, remember the work is for Wednesday morning, afternoon.

                  To: corvusbrothers@yahoogroups.com

                  From: skruffyscott@...
                  Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:35:05 +0000

[...]

                • Smidt, John (USMS)
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 18, 2012

                    Valrik,

                    I will help. Eric “The Marshal”

                    To: corvusbrothers@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 18, 2012
                      Once I saw the picture from Bridget I knew who it was.
                      Definitely a worthy addition.

                      ~Faelan

                      To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com

                      To: corvusbrothers@yahoogroups.com