RE: [CorvusBrothers] Elections

  • Kent Crookshanks
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011
      Honestly,

      Love the idea.  Might even get me off my lazy ass to run for an office.

      Seriously though Seems like a great idea to break it down by wars.  Even when I can be active (hoping to get the car situation resolved soon) Estrella is just not a possability for me due to an anual event for work (which sucked this year because it was in Pheonix, so close yet so far).

      Also there was mention of distance and time for the OC Brothers.. Tack on another 4-6 hours for someone in LA.

      I'm all for it and hoping to be able to cast my vote at potrero.

      ~Faelan

      To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com
      From: jessescheuer@...
      Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 18:34:40 +0000
      Subject: [CorvusBrothers] Elections

      If there exists a will by our northern brothers to participate in elections but, the way is blocked by our current election system then we should use our system of government to amend a new method to elect leadership.

      The new election system is a good idea and should be voted upon and tried. No matter the outcome we will be wiser and better for it. Where there is no change or improvement there is stagnation and stagnation is the surest road to decline.

      Three elections held at the three major wars per year is favorable to our ethos. Each war should specifically to honor one of our Raven Goddesses. This will ensure favor for this newly proposed election system.

      My suggestion is that Estrella be fought in the name of Nemhain, our warrior goddess, since it is the biggest war and sees the most conflict.

      May War is spring and the life of the world is strong in this season. This war should be held in honor of Macha, the maiden.

      Great Western War is nearest to the end of the year and a part of the fall season. The year and the seasons are waning and ebbing away like the life of a bitter old woman. This war should be with the blessing of Morrigan, the vengeful crone.

    • Asa Keefe
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 14, 2011

        Brothers,
        we have a number of items before us and in the interest of not dealing with all of it at May War I'd like to try for at the very least a preliminary meeting to hash out as much as we can on this Sunday, the 17th. It seems that a number of brothers are going to be making it out for this mid-month practice (which is great by the way). There are only 15 or so brothers who have voting status right now (although if the right few show up at this practice that number could go up). I don't like making decisions without anyone so if there isn't a significant number expect just talking and no voting, but, if enough of you can show up we can spend less time at brothers meeting at May War (and more time drinking). So if your on the fence about coming out this Sunday (did I mention it was the 17th?) come on out and we can keep this republic rolling.
        - PDR Asa
      • ambrosetheunlucky
        Message 3 of 11 , May 20, 2014

          Elections,

                          We will hold the Brothers circle Saturday after fighting.  Elections matters should be taken care of then.

          Jorm wishes to remain Pendragon

          I wish to step down and Faelan (Kent Crookshanks) has expressed interest in becoming Druid.

          Crispian (Chris Frecks) is the appointed Centurian.

          If you wish to become a Corvus Officer please discuss this with the Triskelion before then. Also, if you have not fulfilled your obligation to the brotherhood then you are not eligible to vote.

          Lastly, dues are $20.00.

          Ambrose

          Corvus Druid

          Laws of Badhbh Cartha, AN FIACH BRAITHREACHAS

          Participate And Don’t Be A Dick.”

          I.                  Voting Rights and Privileges

          1.      In order to maintain voting privileges, a Brother must, at least once every six months, attend and participate in one practice, be it regular, Brigade, official Corvus practice, or otherwise, armored and fighting to the satisfaction of the Triskelion.

          II.                  Meetings of the Corvus Council

          1.            2/3rds of the active Brotherhood members shall in attendance in order to achieve quorum for a meeting of the Corvus Council.

          2.            The Raven’s Hearth will elect one member from among their number who will serve as a representative for all Hearth members to the Corvus Council.  This member will be invited to the Corvus Council meetings, where they will be allowed to cast one vote, representing the will of the Hearth as a whole.

          I.                  MEMBERSHIP

          Requirements

          1.            A candidate for Brotherhood must construct or finance the construction or fabrication of a Scutem Shield and a Corvus period tunic.

          2.            A candidate for membership must be accepted in open council by a 2/3rds majority of the active Brothers, including the Hearth Representative.

        • Michael Underwood
          Message 4 of 11 , May 21, 2014
            Greetings,

            I can still bring the trailer, but have run into a bit of a snag. Sue's truck needs a major repair before it can tow the trailer, which we are having done to today.

            My original plan was to come up Th., but I don't think I'll be ready until late late, and so it would be better for me to come out to the war early Fri. morning.

            Also, the trailer still needs to be checked out and lube or whatever.

            If you want the trailer out there earlier and someone else wants to tow it, let me know.

            Bedwyr