Re: [CorvusBrothers] Election Results

  • Rene L
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 20 7:57 PM
      Hey, each of these three could easily be a Putin with a Medvedev ready to go...

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 21 9:37 AM
        Greetings,

        I'm a little late on this, but I questing the wisdom of saying
        anything to Atellus about his drunken behavior at one war. If it was
        a continuing, recurring problem, then someone, probably the Druid,
        should talk to him.

        Just a thought.

        Bedwyr
      • Albert and Suzanne Anderson
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 21 11:45 PM
          Bedwyr, and Brothers,

          I completely agree that if it such behavior were to become a continuing, recurring problem, that a warning should come from the Druid after moving through the Triskellion.  But if that were to happen, then somebody tooled the guy over for not telling him about it privately before it became a problem in the first place.  Fortunately, it is not a recurring problem.  And I hope it never becomes one because he's a nice guy who practices regularly, and fights with a scutum, which we need more of.

          I told Attellus to not be a boorish drunk the month after he acted like one at GWW in 2008.  I reminded him again after practice at the Brew Pub last Sunday because it came up during our discussions at the Brothers' meeting.  I did not divulge any details about our private discussions, but giving personal advice to friends, such as, "Remember not to act like a tool when your drunk," is sage advice for anybody and need not come from the Triskellion, or any other formal channel.  That's basically what I told him.  Karl told him the same.  And that 1-2 reminder at the Pub probably led to his somewhat over-compensating e-mail to the open list where he didn't realize that most people just pour a diet vanilla coke of hate on e-mails saying, "sorry..."  Nevertheless, he is sincere.  He likes hanging out with us.  He practices a lot.  He's almost done making his own scutum.  And we'll have to see what we see at GWW and the upcoming practices so people can make up their own minds about him.

          Speaking of scutums, Valrik, have you talked to Thorfin about him getting his own scutum together?

          Albert

          Michael Underwood wrote:

          Greetings,

          I'm a little late on this, but I questing the wisdom of saying
          anything to Atellus about his drunken behavior at one war. If it was
          a continuing, recurring problem, then someone, probably the Druid,
          should talk to him.

          Just a thought.

          Bedwyr

        • Ray Ford
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 22 12:17 AM
            Well then... I totally think you should probably have a really serious talk to Rene, druid-guy. He's totally out of control. Has been for years. No regard for authority - poop on the autocrats - and the Baron be damned. Caused you more problems than Caieth - and that's saying something.

            Really the best thing to do is help drunk people back to their tents - or to the battle-field hay bales (or a chair over in the Atenvelt camp) - so he can sleep it off. We have some pretty mighty precedence set for us over the years. Why buck tradition? In fact you should probably assign some young plebe to be the "official drunk watchman". Give the guy some water... walk him around in circles. Have him stand watch by the banner... whatever. Should be the role of danger or safety raven.

            Have you guys forgot your history? Roles, goddammit, roles! It's not all about the Trieskelion.

            -Ryan

            On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Michael Underwood <underwo2@...> wrote:

            Greetings,

            I'm a little late on this, but I questing the wisdom of saying
            anything to Atellus about his drunken behavior at one war. If it was
            a continuing, recurring problem, then someone, probably the Druid,
            should talk to him.

            Just a thought.

            Bedwyr

          • patrick kaschube
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 22 2:57 AM
              Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding !!!!!!!

              Pat

              To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 22 8:24 AM
                I know that drinking wasn't the issue that Bedwyr was concerned about. It was more about the sensitive nature of Brothers' meeting discussions and our group's interactions with prospective Brothers. It's a valid concern, but it was really directed to me and Karl and what we did, not to Attellus and anything he did.

                Atellus is not a Brother. At the last Brothers' meeting, we briefly talked about the fact that he had been a boor one night at the last GWW, and a few days ago he posted a sincere e-mail to the open list that he was sorry if he offended anybody.

                So, Bedwyr's concern is more about the wisdom of sharing a concern mentioned in a private Brother's meeting about a prospective Brother by me and Karl. His concern was about the confidence of the Brothers meeting, and actions by me and Karl, not Attellus. And it is a reasonable concern if he thought we were running around divulging confidential conversations.

                That's why I clarified what I did and why I did it - namely, while I didn't divulge details, I reminded Attellus after the Brothers Meeting to not be a jerk at GWW because I'd heard he'd been a jerk one night at the last GWW when he was drunk, and I didn't want that to happen ever again like that. And that was that. I suppose I should have mentioned not to mention it, but he thought making a public apology would help if he had ever offended anybody. I think his public statement actually made it worse, since most people hadn't even heard of the incident in the first place. But oh, well, he's still practicing, still going to the next GWW, and still a decent guy.

                Albert
              • Rene L
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 22 8:43 AM
                  Albert, I just want to give you a big fat hug.

                  But anywho, Ray is right.  *I* was the problem always.  A thorn in the side of the barony to knight and knave alike.  Focus your hate on me.  Let it swell within you...good, I can feel your anger...strike me down with all your hatred and your journey to the dark side will be complete!

                  exPDR SIDIOUSIX

[...]

                • Bridget Lucia MacKenzie
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 22 5:05 PM
                    A couple of thoughts from your own Pelican:

                    Rene:
                    You are such a tool, you gumdrop, you.
                    Someone says "Rene is a ____" (insert adjective here) and you rise to the bait and respond appropriately.
                    You are such a big fluffy, lovable dork.

                    Ryan:
                    I have always liked the Corvus technique of following a drunk around to ensure they dont fall into a ditch and die in their own vomit, even though it will earn them a spew name. Most of us have done both, drunk too much as well as performing Safety Raven duty: helping some poor fool who thought he could drink a whole bottle of Stoli.

                    Albert,
                    You made the most important point, What Happens in Brothers' Circle Stays in Brothers' Circle. This is what makes us more than a biker gang in dresses, when we wisely keep confidences and handle situations with diplomacy. It is critical to confidentially deal with sensitive issues like behavior problems and potential candidates. We need to be sure to keep Brother secrets tight. Zip it, my lovelies!

                    Baru.
                    Bridget

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 23 8:47 AM
                      WOW...I don't think I've ever been called a gumdrop.  THAT is a first.  But guess that is why you are the Baroness!  I YIELD I YIELD!!!

                      So since you love me so much...how about getting me into Club 33?  ;)

                      Gumdrop Sidiousix

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 23 1:11 PM
                        Kinda like that green gum drop at the bottom of the bag that nobody really wants

                        Pat

                        To: CorvusBrothers@yahoogroups.com
                        From: urkosd@...
                        Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:47:19 -0700

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 23 3:30 PM
                          Re: [CorvusBrothers] Re: "Drunked behavior" was not the issue
                          Oddly I didn’t even remember this being a problem but I am so forgetful who knows.  Attelus acts fine except for this one incident, lets see how things progress, he appears to have his act together for the most part I doubt we shall see a reoccurrence.

                          BTW I picked up the table from Riley last nite, I will post a picture as soon as I find my digital camera.

                          GWW is only a few weeks away.

                          Valrik