Junk rigged Corribee - 'LUCY E'.

  • bob.morrison99
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hello all.
      I recently purchased 'SHANTYMAN' (see photos) and moved her from the
      Medway mud to the Ouse mud in Newhaven in February. What a great wee
      boat she is! My trust that I would enjoy the change to Junk after a
      sailing lifetime of Sloop and Gunter rigs was fully justified. I have
      taken her on a few short hops along the coast from Eastbourne to
      Shoreham and found her sailing qualities exceeded my expectations. I
      am looking forward to mid-June when I hope to get as far west as I can
      with Wewymouth as my target. Due to the curse of arthritis, I find
      hauling the sail up the last third a real struggle, so investing in a
      winch to assist was a good move. My thanks to Derek Chipperfield and
      Ken Powell for help and advice.