please join us in the single-use plastic bag petition ban ( Robert Priest, Joseph Murray, Peter Wray and Deborah Elaine Barrie)

  • deborah barrie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 10:01 PM

      Hello Everyone,

      I would like to introduce you to the petition page for the ban of the sale or gift of the one time use plastic bag. It is being offered in honor of the one-year ban of these bags by the northern community of Leaf Rapids.

      Award winning Canadian poet Robert Priest has written a poem for this petition which is up on the page. Canadian photographer Joseph Murray has taken a photograph to bring a visual to the issue. Peter Wray, my webmaster and host of my website, and I are pleased to bring you this petition for your use in both official languages. The general rules of signature gathering are up on the site with a link to the complete rules.

      If you have found this in your inbox and question why you have received it, it is because you personally can make a difference. Each time I drive into Ottawa in the evening and come over the hill, just before entering the city. I emerge from darkness into a skyline of lights. This never fails to fill me with awe. There before me, in these lights, I witness what can happen as we join together. Alone we may feel that we have little power to bring about change. However, when we join our combined lights we can light up the night. Please join us in our bid to rid our country of a problem that affects us on many levels. We can also set an example for others around the world too as we work to protect our environment.

      I would like to thank Joseph, Peter, Robert and all who collect signatures for joining me in this endeavor.

      http://www.noccawood.ca/plastic-bag-petition.htm

      As for those lights, let yours shine, but please conserve electricity.

      Take care everybody and please keep safe.

      Deborah

      Deborah Elaine Barrie
      4 Catherine Street
      Smiths Falls, On
      Canada
      K7A 3Z8
      (613)284-8259
      deborah@...
      http://www.noccawood.ca
      subscribe to list service at website

      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
      Albert Pine