RE: Zoe's Autopsy Results Came In

  • Lindy Greene
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007
      The autopsy results came back. It seems Zoe had liver cancer. It was metastasizing within the hepatic lobes. The liver is commonly a secondary site for malignancy, but in this case it was the primary site.

      The constipation may have been related in the sense that she was a little dehydrated. For someone in the end stages of cancer, she didn't show any signs. What happened was that a section of the tumor ruptured.  She cardioarrested and clinical death was completed within just a few minutes. I'm grateful that it was quick.

      Zoe had a good life, and she is now at peace. Not so for all the animals out there for whom we fight. I miss her, but I will cherish her memory, appreciate my other precious cats even more, and continue the battle.

      Rest in peace, baby.