Please forward to all lists, e'one you know in Chicago, etc.: Chicago Residents:

  • wildtimber2112@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2007

      Please forward to all lists, e'one you know in Chicago, etc.: Chicago Residents: Save the Ban on Cruel Foie Gras

      http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/ActionAlerts-item.asp?id=2199

      Chicago Residents: Save the Ban on Cruel Foie Gras

      One of the most important animal protection laws ever passed is in serious danger, and we need your help immediately to save it.

      As you probably know, the Chicago City Council passed a groundbreaking ban on the sale of foie gras last year. Foie gras is a “delicacy” made by shoving pipes down the throats of ducks and geese in order to pump massive quantities of fat and grain into their stomachs until their livers become painfully diseased. The ducks are then violently killed, and their bloated, diseased livers are sold as foie gras. Click here to watch a video documenting the horrors of foie gras production.

      Meat-industry lobbyists are putting enormous pressure on Chicago's aldermen to repeal the law. The aldermen may vote any day now on whether or not to repeal the foie gras ban. We can’t let this vital piece of legislation be repealed!

      We need you to call your alderman immediately and politely ask him or her to vote to keep the ban on foie gras. Find your alderman from the list below. If you don’t know which ward you live in, you can simply enter your address here.

      After calling, please send all your friends, family members, and coworkers who live in Chicago a link to this page and urge them to call their aldermen as well. This issue is crucial. Thank you for all your efforts!

      Chicago Aldermen
      CLICK ON LINK FOR FULL LIST, WITH PHONE NUMBERS:
      http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/ActionAlerts-item.asp?id=2199

      “Today’s terrorist is tomorrow’s freedom fighter.”
      — SHAC leader Kevin Kjonaas, at the Animal Rights 2002 convention

      http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/hlssucks

      "If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time…But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together."
      --Lila Watson

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love
      to our hearts, and warmth to our souls" -Colleen Klaum

      "Secret prisons, secret flights, the CIA tramples human rights; reverse hanging, what gives? If that's not torture, what the fuck is?"

      myspace profile:
      http://www.myspace.com/170943611

      See what's free at AOL.com.