Re: [CorrectTreatment 2003] RE: Another journalist numb nut speaks out

  • Luke
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      Clap-CLAP! Good thouhts Lindy! "I guess women exist to serve men, blacks exist to serve whites, and citizens exist to serve government!"

      Lindy Greene <lindygreene@...> wrote:
      "...animals exist to provide a source of food, fur, entertainment and companionship for humans."

      Well, gee. I guess women exist to serve men, blacks exist to serve whites, and citizens exist to serve government! What were those brazen feminists thinking who declared that women should be able to vote, own property, go to school, have careers, and hold political office? What about those extremist abolitionists who claimed it was not the purpose of African-Americans to pick cotton for the rich white plantation masters? How dare those radical framers of the Constitution propose that government drew its authority from the consent of the governed?
      And then you have those animal rights activists - now, they take the cake! Those terrorists maintain that the scientific forces driving the evolution of all the other species on the planet had nothing to do with servitude to humans!

      I'm sorry, people. That just goes too damned far!

      [opinion from Joplin Globe]

      The recent sentencing of three animal-rights activists from three to six years for using their Website to incite threats and harassment of
      Huntington Life Sciences officials and their families ought to get the attention of those who take their love of animals too far.

      They also have been ordered to pay $1 million in restitution. Three other members of the Stop Huntington Animal Cruelty group are awaiting
      sentencing.

      According to federal prosecutors, SHAC waged a five-year campaign against the company, which tests drugs and household products on
      animals, as well as those who do business with the firm. Although none of those charged made any threats personally, they posted information
      on the Web site about where employees go to church and where their children attend school. Many of the employees reportedly found their
      homes vandalized and received threatening e-mails, faxes and phone calls.
      Let us say that we think that any experimentation on animals should be conducted as humanely as possible. But animals do not have the same
      rights as humans. While laws should prohibit brutality and neglect, animals exist to provide a source of food, fur, entertainment and
      companionship for humans. And those who practice terrorism in the name of extending human rights to animals should be brought to the bar of
      justice.

      --
      full story:
      http://www.joplingl obe.com/editoria l/local_story_ 272015209. html?keyword= topstory