Fw: Wegman's Cruelty "Well Within the Law"

  • Lindy Greene
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Wegman's is torturing and murdering animals--but, hey, it's LEGAL!

      We all know that when it comes to the distinction between "legal" and "moral," the "twain shall rarely meet."

      And when they were handing out consciences, Wegman's definitely "missed the twain!"

      http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3932927&nav=4QcS

      WOLCOTT, N.Y. Three animal-rights activists have been indicted and accused of breaking into Wegmans Egg Farm in western New York to film the chickens.

      The attorney for Adam Durand, Melanie Ippolito, and Megan Cosgrove said they were indicted Friday by a Wayne County grand jury on charges of burglary, criminal mischief, petty larceny, and criminal trespass.

      If found guilty, each could face several years in prison.

      The activists are accused of breaking into the grocery chain's hen facility in June 2004 to film the chickens' living conditions. The footage showed up in a short film called, quote, "Wegmans Cruelty."

      The group supports cage-free egg production.

      Wegmans has said conditions at the farm are well within the law. J
      ust about every manner of cruelty to animals IS "well within the law" in our culture. And the little that ISN'T gets a small fine, community service--or dismissed.

      Back to business as usual, now--eh, Wegman's?

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/EBYolB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/