Re: [CorrectTreatment 2003] File - Animals as Property

  • Pearl
    Message 1 of 311 , Sep 12, 2004
      Please tell me what difference it has made in the areas that have adopted
      the "guardian" language. Are healthy animals still being euthanized in
      shelters? Yes. How can a shelter destroy something they don't own? Where are
      the advocates for these animals dying daily? Have fewer animals been
      surrendered to shelters or abandoned on roadsides? Where are the statistics
      that "guardian" language is making an effect? Are people kicking and beating
      their dogs less? I want the justification besides it sounding "nicer" for
      this to be passed anywhere else. I would like to know why money should be
      spent passing this language change legislation when that money could
      possibly go to free spay/neuter and trap/fix/release of ferals that would
      REALLY make a difference.