Re: [CorrectTreatment 2003] Digest Number 1039

  • Anthony Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004

      Dear friends,
      I apologise about the attachments, and shall not send any more.
      Anthony.

      CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/KNErlB/TM

      There are 4 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Fwd: SHAME THEM Please publish & circulate at will!
      From: Anthony Walker
      2. Fwd: SHAME THEM Please publish & circulate at will!
      From: Anthony Walker
      3. Re: FW: Put Puppymills in the News!!
      From: Jen Jen
      4. ANTHONY WALKER
      From: Elizabeth OReilly

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Anthony Walker
      Subject: Fwd: SHAME THEM Please publish & circulate at will!

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      BOYCOTT KOREA AND EAST ASIA! THOUSANDS OF DOGS PER DAY HAVE THEIR BONES BROKEN WITH HAMMERS & CLUBS WHILST ALIVE, & ARE ALSO BLOWTORCHED TO MAXIMISE THEIR AGONY. www.koreananimals.org

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Anthony Walker

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      BOYCOTT KOREA AND EAST ASIA! THOUSANDS OF DOGS PER DAY HAVE THEIR BONES BROKEN WITH HAMMERS & CLUBS WHILST ALIVE, & ARE ALSO BLOWTORCHED TO MAXIMISE THEIR AGONY. www.koreananimals.org

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 3
      Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:46:18 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Jen Jen
      Subject: Re: FW: Put Puppymills in the News!!

      Karen, thank you for posting this. It is an extremely important issue that most people are interested in., but if it isn't kept in the top of mind awareness of the consumer, so soon they forget....

      Dogs born in puppy mills and dogs used as merchandise in puppy mills are without a doubt some of the most mistreated beings on earth. Dogs offer so much. They have the ability to live in our homes, become a part of our family, and there is no companion animal on earth than could ever challenge the friendship a dog can offer... and the puppy mills capitalize on this. The key to stopping them is to only get your pure bred dogs from a reputable breeder who has the breeds best interest at heart (breeding to avoid genetic diseases, bad temperament, etc.) and never under any circumstances buy a puppy at a pet store. If you are interested in a mixed breed or just simply cannot afford the dog you would really like to have, go to a local shelter and look for a dog with some of the characteristics that you would like to have..

      Not buying a puppy from a pet store has always been a double edged sword for me, because I know those little dogs deserve a loving home as much as the rest of them. But the fact of the matter is, most pet store pups come from puppy mills. Most of the puppy mills in the U.S. are located in Lancaster Penn. and are run by the Amish. It is a true crime against mans best friend. The only way to stop them is to quit buying puppies supplied by them. If there is no demand then the supply will go away as well. (The majority of puppy mill dogs are so poorly bred, they come with no pedigree, no real background, and many are little mixed breeds being sold at astronomical prices. And to top it off , most are in ill health, suffer so many genetic illnesses that could have been prevented by good breeding)

      People who love dogs really need to start holding reputable breeders in high esteem. They most often want the very best for their puppies. I used to breed dogs and I would call, follow up, and keep track of all of my puppies. It was so hard to let them go, I was attached to each and everyone of them. I knew in my heart though that I was able to provide a family or a person with a healthy sound pet that they could take to agility classes or enter in the show ring or just sit around the house with. All of my dogs were beautiful, smart, healthy, wonderful companions. Then, you have on the other hand the puppy mills. God have mercy on those poor souls.

      I would advise everyone to do their research on puppy mills. What you will find will break your heart in two. Educate everyone you know about it. Back some ten years ago they were in the news, it's kind of died down now, but this atrocity is still going on, so, it just might be time to bring it back into the forefront of the U.S. consumers attention.

      Karen Loveless wrote:

      New Website

      Visit www.prisonersofgreed.org

      So, many times every day for the entire month of May go to google.com and type "puppymills" in the search box. Of course there is not really a word "puppymills" but if enough people use it then perhaps Meriam Webster will add it to the dictionary, and it's still a valid search term on Google. You can also use "puppy mills" with a space between the words. But be sure to search "puppymills" first though. Maybe puppymills will be the most searched term and puppy mills will be second! Click on some of the links if you want but you don't have to for the search to be counted. There are lots and lots of wonderful factual websites about puppymills so you might want to check them out.

      Thanks for caring about the dogs!

      If you cannot view this message, you can read it at http://www.prisonersofgreed.org/email2.html

      To unsubscribe/change profile: click here

      To subscribe: click here

      ---------------------------------

      Email list management powered by http://MailerMailer.com

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love
      to our hearts, and warmth to our souls."
      -Colleen Klaum, Admin

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 4
      Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Elizabeth OReilly
      Subject: ANTHONY WALKER

      Anthony,

      I appreciate your enthusiasm for animals , but Please stop sending all of your emails with attachments. It is taking up way too much space in my email box. Please, say what you have to say, and please stop it with the attachments.

      [This message contained attachments]

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      BOYCOTT KOREA AND EAST ASIA! THOUSANDS OF DOGS PER DAY  HAVE THEIR BONES BROKEN WITH HAMMERS & CLUBS WHILST ALIVE, & ARE ALSO BLOWTORCHED TO MAXIMISE THEIR AGONY.  www.koreananimals.org

      Do you Yahoo!?