(NYC) First HLS/Baker Demo of 2004

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2003
      ****PLEASE CROSS POST FREELY****

      NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION:
      To Do Everything in Our Power to SMASH HLS in 2004

      ACTION ALERT � New York City
      Huntingdon Life Sciences
      Andrew Baker New Year's Day Demo

      Event: 1st 2004 Home Demo - Andrew Baker, CEO of HLS
      Date: Thursday, January 1, 2004
      Time: 6:00 pm
      Meeting place: W. 88th St. and Central Park West
      Directions: see bottom of page
      Next Scheduled Protest: Sunday, January 4, 2004
      (Action Alert to follow)

      Protests will be held every other Sunday, starting
      January 4th, and until.......
      ANDREW BAKER RESIGNS, HLS CLOSES or THE KILLING
      STOPS!!!

      Last Sunday, December 28, 2003 activists gathered at
      the home of Andrew Baker for the last and most
      successful protest of 2003. 32 activists lined both
      sides of Central Park West carrying signs, banners and
      candles in a peaceful holiday candlelight vigil to
      bring attention to the plight of the 70,000 animals
      imprisoned in Huntingdon Life Sciences Labs. The vigil
      followed an afternoon of educational outreach into
      Baker's neighborhood. We are pleased to announce that
      Baker's home community continues to be express support
      and understanding of our mission and why we must be
      there.

      This Thursday, January 1, 2004, activists will gather
      at West 88th St. and Central Park West at 6:00 pm
      sharp in front of Baker's luxury building at 279
      Central Park West. New York Animal Rights Activists
      declare 2004 the year of the "Guerilla
      Demo"....Actions will take place randomly at various
      times of the day and night. Some will be rowdy and
      noisy, others might be peaceful and quiet. Some will
      take place at scheduled intervals and be promoted
      publicly and others will be the result of spontaneous
      gatherings or private communications. "Baker & his
      goons will never know what to expect or when to expect
      it....." a NYARA member said recently ".....the
      animals in their cold steel cages and concrete pens
      never know what's coming next.....why should Baker be
      treated any differently?".

      HLS (Huntingdon Life Sciences) is one of the world's
      largest contract animal testing companies. Five
      undercover investigations have revealed the horrors
      hidden behind the closed doors of HLS, which is
      responsible for the torture and mutilation of hundreds
      of thousands of animals and death of 500 animals a
      day. Please join us in sending a message to one of the
      most reviled corporate executives in the USA, Andrew
      Baker.

      For more information about the protest contact:
      Call: 718-677-7656 or e-mail: smash_hls_nyc@...
      If you wish to be notified about scheduled demos,
      please e-mail us and ask to be added to our mailing
      list.
      If you wish to be contacted about unscheduled
      "guerilla demos", please e-mail us and expect to be
      screened and qualified before being considered for
      this select list.

      For more information about the international campaign
      to Smash HLS visit the SHAC USA website:
      http://www.shacamerica.net/
      This website is an excellent source of information on
      the campaign to close HLS. The group posting this
      message is not affiliated with SHAC or SHAC USA,
      although we do admire their work greatly and share
      their ultimate goal.

      Directions:
      By Car:
      Once in Manhattan/NYC
      Follow 8th Ave or Broadway to Columbus Circle
      At Columbus Circle Go North on Central Park West
      We meet across from 279 Central Park West at 88th
      Street at 4pm SHARP!
      By Train:
      Take Amtrak, NJ Transit, or LIRR to NYC's Penn Station
      From Penn Station or Greenwich Village W. 4th St.
      Station go UPTOWN by B or C Train
      Get off at 86th St. Station
      Walk two blocks north to 88th St. and Central Park
      West.

      http://search.yahoo.com/top2003