Fwd: Make a last stand for the NJ Black Bears

  • Anthony Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2003

      The Human Race <tana@...> wrote:
      From: "The Human Race"
      Subject: Make a last stand for the NJ Black Bears
      Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 05:31:34 -0500

      Dear Friends,

      In spite of the valiant effort put forth by so many to stop the New Jersey Black Bear hunt, it will take place as scheduled, beginning this Monday, December 8th.  However, there is still much that can be done.

      If you've got the constitution for it, you can show up at the weigh station in Waywayanda State Park and film and/or photograph the brutal reality of trophy hunting.  As difficult as it will be to do, such images will prove to be invaluable in future battles to defend wildlife, thought this one may appear to be lost.

      Also, You can join us in a Vigil for the Bears on Sunday, December 7th, 4pm - 6pm at Drumthwacket, Governor McGreevey's Mansion. Please bring a sign and a candle.

      354 Stockton Street (Route 206)
      Princeton, NJ 08540

      For background information on the hunt, and further information on the above mentioned actions and others, please visit:

      New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance: http://www.nj-ara.org

      DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE VIGIL:

      From the NORTH: Take NJ Tpk South to Exit 9 (New Brunswick), to Rt. 18 North. Go 1/2 mile, take Route 1 South and follow 18 miles to Princeton. Take Alexander Rd. West Exit. Follow Alexander Rd until it ends. Turn left onto Mercer St, first right onto Library Pl, and then take the first left onto Stockton St/Rt 206. After the first traffic light Drumthwacket is 1/4 mile ahead on your left.

      From the SOUTH: Take NJ Tpk North to Exit 7A to I-195 West. Take exit 60B, Princeton, I-295 North, which turns into I-95 South. Take exit 7B to Rt. 206 North. Proceed North on Rt.  206 through 7 traffic lights. Drumthwacket will be on your right.