Re: [CorrectTreatment 2003] The 1 Animal PETA Won't Protect

  • Jen Jen
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 30, 2003
      No, I don't think we are getting petty at all.  We are having a discussion in a group that communicates through discussion.  What's wrong with that?  Personally, my feeling is, if you don't liike the topic, then, just delete the emails.  There are lots of things that come across this list that I find to be way out of my reach to do anything about, or I simply don't know anything about.  I just press delete.  It's easy.

      Jen

      parrot004@... wrote:
      Oh My Gosh...Aren't we all getting petty???

      Point is that the circumcision person is not a friend to animals, but a person advocating against circumcision.  That makes his/her email useless to this group, unless of course you are going to concurrently work with that group on the "human" problem.

      Truth of the matter is that everyone who has argued among themselves over this email is correct...Humans ARE animals, and we ARE intelligent enough to distinguish the difference between humans vs dogs.  That's why we are the smarter species...In most cases.  I however feel that my dog is smarter than a number of people that I have met.

      Missy

      "She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." --Mark Twain

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love
      to our hearts, and warmth to our souls."
      -Colleen Klaum, Admin

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

    • parrot004@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
        Then maybe you should join a group that advocates for, or against circumcision...

        No, I don't think we are getting petty at all.  We are having a discussion in a group that communicates through discussion.  What's wrong with that?  Personally, my feeling is, if you don't liike the topic, then, just delete the emails.  There are lots of things that come across this list that I find to be way out of my reach to do anything about, or I simply don't know anything about.  I just press delete.  It's easy.

        Jen

        "She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." --Mark Twain

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
          Is this the same Parrot person I remember in therealpeta or
          something? God help you all! LOL! Anyway, if it is, howdy. If it's
          not....oooops...

          --- In CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com, parrot004@a... wrote:
          > Then maybe you should join a group that advocates for, or against
          > circumcision...
          >
          > > No, I don't think we are getting petty at all. We are having a
          discussion
          > > in a group that communicates through discussion. What's wrong
          with that?
          > > Personally, my feeling is, if you don't liike the topic, then,
          just delete the
          > > emails. There are lots of things that come across this list
          that I find to
          > > be way out of my reach to do anything about, or I simply don't
          know anything
          > > about. I just press delete. It's easy.
          > >
          > > Jen
          > >

          > "She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite
          what you
          > would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a
          parrot." --Mark
          > Twain
        • Jen Jen
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
            Ginger,

            I do believe you are a very positive idividual. I am so glad you have so much faith in God!   Without that...where would anyone be?  All I can say is always do the right thing by any person or animal, and let your conscience be your guide..  You will know then if you are doing the right thing or not.

            You hang in there, I know that your heart is in the right place, I can tell from your writings. God Bless You.

            Jen

            Ginger Ambrosio <ByrdKEEPer@...> wrote:

            Jen,

            You will never in this life know how much you blessed me with this reply , I am so thankful for your perception and even handed sight which is so unusual in this day...  My gratitude toward you overflows...   I confess, I have many faults, and often lose my patience with folks and then must go to them and repent often to be rebuked again..

            But if the truth be told, if I did'nt speak out when I saw the need, I would be accountable to God.  This is one of those times...most all of us know there MUST be a balance in one's life.  There must be a straight way that we walk, if we seek truth; -one must desire truth.. not what tickles their ears or confirms their convictions......   truth must be the only reason to exist and draw breath...  all else is a waste of effort and time.

            The truth is, we cant stand the truth.  The movies brought that out clearly last year.. while it was just a movie, jack Nicholson just said what is crystal clear... truth suffers among humankind because of selfishness.  The beasts who must share space on this mudball reflect it.  To choke helpless ducks with food to where their crops are sometimes ruptured just to force their livers to be engorged so it can feed some self-indulgent person...  is wrong.  What we are doing with this world and what is in it is wrong!

            We have been given a set of guidelines that if followed, will ensure a happy life for all of those who follow the plan.  Yes, I do indeed mean the ten commandments.

            If we followed them, animals would not be abused, children would be wanted and loved... AND APPRECIATED...  Older folks would be inquired of for what wisdom they acrued during their lifetime... theft would not be a problem.  But man in all his wisdom has now ascended to God's throne, and surpassed Him in order to throw off His rule (which by the way is only given too us for our own good..) so that man can do what he wants to do, and if you told the truth, you know where that will wind the man (or woman) up.  I'll give you a clue, bring the BBQ sauce, its very warm down there.

            We no longer respect other's rights to pursue their own ways, we want ours & theirs too, we feel compelled to dominate and control anyone and everyone we are able... Those companies who go through hapless little dogs & cats, and mice and other animals...  their lives count for nothing whatsoever to these bastards...  they  resent being forced into sedating them, they resent being made to aleviate their pain...

            One day.... ONE DAY... they are going to give an account of themselves...  there will be no getting out of it, God owns everything on this earth, He owns me, He owns YOU. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills...  He has told us repeatedly not to kill, not to steal; not to lie.  The Bible has countless references on animal care... did you know He actually has a rule about punishing someone who causes an animal to lose its babies before they are born in proper time... abortion.  He cares about the unborn baby animals, He says those who kill or cause the death of the unborn, to be put to death.  DEATH!  What do you think He thinks of the doctors and nurses who assist the deliberate murder of a human being while in the place of safety... the womb?  What do you think He thinks when they reach inside and snatch out the little human He put there...  it says that children are a Gift from God.  I cannot for the life of me understand why people play games with sex, then when they lose the game, kill the reward.  Why do they not at least give the child away??  At least give the kid a shot...  selfishness.  Me first. Its MY body... yeah its YOURS, and that baby inside of you has ITS OWN  body too and you got no right to end its life just cause you are selfish.  If you don't want a baby, -- PREVENT its conception...  but they are so selfish they cant even take a minute to use something to keep it from being started...

            They pour gasoline on a little kitten and light it off and laugh as it runs faster and faster trying to outrun the torture of its flesh being consumed as it runs its life away...  What in hell is going on with us?????  WHAT IN HELL???  We are arguing over circumcision and animal abuse.  Yet we condone killing children...  where is the balance???   On one hand, we have a half ounce of flesh removed from a wailing infant, on the other hand we have up to nine or so pounds of  flesh that if put together would be easily recognized as human...  yet that winds up in a garbage bag in a dumpster along with the ounce or so of flesh...  it means no more...  WHERE IS THE BALANCE???   Where is your conscience?  People have no rudder on their ships anymore.

            People dare God...  believe you me, soon enough, He is going to stand up and raise His mighty hand... and THEN we all will find out what it is like to finally be made accountable for our own actions.   There will not be anyone else that we can hang the blame on... as God does not lie; He does NOT frame people nor does He arbitrarily force Himself upon man...  NO!! far from it!  He lets us go, He permits us to reap all that we sow...  What do you think we have sown?

            "There is a way that seems right unto man, but its end is in destruction."

            We have said, we don't want His rules, We will do it ourselves... well guess what, He will let us, until He tires of striving with us... then we will get our wake-up call...  The bible is full of examples of what happens when people choose to get high minded and rude in God's face...  He has ways of getting peoples' attention and none of them are pleasant.  We have a choice..  WE ARE TO CHOOSE....  Blessings or Cursings...

            We need to take a long hard look at what motivates ourselves..who is getting the credit for all the wonderful stuff we have?  Who has allowed us to reap all the blessings we still have here in America?  Who are we patting on the back for them?  It ain't God, folks...  Some of y'all out there would be mad if God corrected you, but what do you think the people of Soddom & Gomorrah would say if they could see America now?  They would be screaming out to  God for an apology!!  And you know what?  He would have to apologise!  We are in danger of judgement;  all the scoffers out there are going to find out it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.

            It's not about man...  whether you like it or not, God has set up the game. From the first day of creation, God made had the plan, he set things up to go the way HE wants it to go...  whether you like it or not, we have a part to play and we either play His way and reap all the benefits and rewards of being a Friend of God...or we shall reap the consequences for being rebellious and self-willed. (the benefits are overwhelming!  He blesses us over and above what we can possibility to fathom... ) IF we yield to Him;

            Yes, he is the boss.  HE alone is the BOSS... not me, not you, no other but Him...  Its His rules... like it or not..  Frankly I"d rather live under an honest, truthful, wholesome and pure God, who loves me, and cares about me.. than live with people who would steal every thing I had if they liked it... who would even at this moment attempt to bridle my tongue.. because they don't like hearing that they are nothing compared to God... it insults them because they are full of unwarranted pride...   rags...  that all it really is, just a bunch of rags...

            Take God out of our schools, dont teach the children to respect Him or themselves, because they think THEY Are more important...  But they are deliberately forgetting that HE has the power to deal with THEM.  He- not THEM can (and will) cast them into the hot garbage can one day and lets see them dominate HIM then!  Let's see them on that day cop a big plea and say "I'd didnt really MEAN it God..".     When we all die... and face Him... we are not going to have a lot of confidence in any strengths we posess, believe me...  When He gives us the revelation of what goes on in HIS Mind, when He shares His heart, what He thinks, how He feels about the deaths of all the children...  when He lets you see how much pain he feels when he watched you set that kitten on fire, or shove the scissors into the spinal column of that sqirming baby whose head was still in the birth canal, whose arms and legs were kicking and thrashing, to suddenly go limp as the childs spinal nerve was severed from the brain and the child died because the nerve to its little lungs was severed and it died of anoxia....  Wait till you see the anguish HE felt.  When people finally get to see the mind of God...  who loves us.. who has done nothing but try to save us from ourselves, who has tried too keep us from  being forever lost in Hell with a fallen angel who,  contrary to popular belief, does NOT  in ANY way, care about them...  they will suddenly discover that they had bought a lie.

            While they lived, they listened to the big lie that told them that God was dead, that He didn't care; that He had moved on and that mankind was superior...  What fools.  Imagine how they bragged about their achievements THEN...  How they successfully kicked God out of the Pledge of Allegiance... how they actually got the ten commandments removed from before the eyes of our children who NEED guidelines; kids who must be taught to fear and respect God, not because He demands it, but that it earns them a blessing, it shows them the right way to live...  Then to do it out of obedience.. but THAT is a dirty word too nowadays...  Soon...  Very soon, their petty accomplishments are going to be revealed for what & why they really are, and we are all going to see that they were not acting in our behalf, but their own.   And what fools we were for giving THEM our attention.  We followed fools.

            "And, thinking themselves wise, they became as fools."

            Ginger

            >From: "jen98760"
            >To: CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [CorrectTreatment 2003] The 1 Animal PETA Won't Protect
            >Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 05:19:30 -0000

            Enjoy online games and music with a high-speed Internet connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average.*
            *Prices may vary by service area.

            To: CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com
            From: "jen98760"
            Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 05:19:30 -0000
            Subject: Re: [CorrectTreatment 2003] The 1 Animal PETA Won't Protect

            --- In CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger Ambrosio"
            <ByrdKEEPer@m...> wrote:

            Ginger,

            You are absolutely right.  I agree with you 100%.  You've brought up
            some wonderful points.  Yes we are mammals , which are animals, but,
            we as human beings basically dominate this planet that we share with
            our animal friends, that is why we have such a responsibility toward
            them, they are just like children, we need to protect them.

            Don't worry about offending anyone.  I don't think you ever could.
            You seem to be outspoken, but, who in this isn't?????? You have to be
            outspoken for the things you believe in.  However, you seem to
            understand that in order to persuade someone to your point, you don't
            cram it down their throat,  you just deliver the facts.  I read
            something today that struck me so profoudly, I couldn't believe it.
            It was a Jewish proverb that stated that a wise person can deliver
            criticism in a way that the person receiving it will consider it a
            gift.  The jest of the proverb  is that words can be used as a weapon
            to destroy and hurt someone, or can be a gift in granting someone a
            new way of looking at things and a hopefullness.  I am not Jewish,
            but, I certainly appreciated this. I believe it wholeheartedly.

            Jen

            "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love
            to our hearts, and warmth to our souls."
            -Colleen Klaum, Admin

            Do you Yahoo!?
            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

          • John
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 2, 2003
              Jen

              I apologize for any offense that my post may have generated. Also, I
              should have replied to a later post of yours with the same tittle. A
              better way to state what I intended would be this: "For the sake of
              brevity and clarity, it is best not to consider humans and animals
              the same." I have no interest in debating the places of humans and
              animals in evolution/creation since I do not have omnipotent insight
              as to the truth of this enigma.

              John

              --- In CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com, Jen Jen <jen98760@y...>
              wrote:
              > John
              > Humans are without a doubt animals...I DO however have the
              intellect available to me to be able to decipher what "animals" peta
              is working for. We, has human beings call animals such as cats,
              dogs, horses, pigs, birds, etc., collectively, usually excluding
              ourselves, animals...I was responding to Ginger saying that we are
              NOT animals, (in response to her response of what in my opinion
              was a moronic post, concerning circumcision showing up here) yes, I
              was being a little bit technical, but, read the previous posts, you
              hopefully will understand where it all was coming from. She
              understood what I meant. Personally, I could care less what peta
              calls themselves. They can change their name to whatever they
              want. It could be People electing animals for president for all I
              care, which would then make them have to change to PEAP. I really
              don't understand your point here.

              > Jen
              >
              > John <j.whyman@w...> wrote:
              > So if PETA and everybody else where to accept your definition of
              > humans being animals (which may be technically true) then what
              > terminology should we use to specify animals when we want to
              exclude
              > humans? We could use the term "non –human animal" but that is too
              > wordy and would change PETA's name to PETNHA.
              >

              > I doubt the person who wrote the circumcision post is part of this
              > group for the sake of animals. It looks like he/she has a problem
              > with PETA and has found a useless way to deal with it.
              >
              > --- In CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com, "jen98760"
              <jen98760@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > --- In CorrectTreatment@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger Ambrosio"
              > > <ByrdKEEPer@m...> wrote:
              > > >

              > > Ginger,
              > >
              > > You are absolutely right. I agree with you 100%. You've
              brought
              > up
              > > some wonderful points. Yes we are mammals , which are animals,
              > but,
              > > we as human beings basically dominate this planet that we share
              > with
              > > our animal friends, that is why we have such a responsibility
              > toward
              > > them, they are just like children, we need to protect them.
              > >
              > > Don't worry about offending anyone. I don't think you ever
              > could.
              > > You seem to be outspoken, but, who in this isn't?????? You have
              > be
              > > outspoken for the things you believe in. However, you seem to
              > > understand that in order to persuade someone to your point, you
              > don't
              > > cram it down their throat, you just deliver the facts. I read
              > > something today that struck me so profoudly, I couldn't believe
              > it.
              > > It was a Jewish proverb that stated that a wise person can
              deliver
              > > criticism in a way that the person receiving it will consider it
              > > gift. The jest of the proverb is that words can be used as a
              > weapon
              > > to destroy and hurt someone, or can be a gift in granting
              someone
              > > new way of looking at things and a hopefullness. I am not
              Jewish,
              > > but, I certainly appreciated this. I believe it
              wholeheartedly.

              > > Jen
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
              >
              > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love
              > to our hearts, and warmth to our souls."
              > -Colleen Klaum, Admin

              Service.