Fw: Let's Try to Throw in Long Jail These 2 Teen Creeps!!!

  • wildtimber2112@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003

      My friends, if these two 12 and 13 year old creepy jerks were adult enough to deliberately and maliciously put the puppy in a bag, beat her up, then throw her against a telephone pole... then they are adult enough to be severely punished under the felony law now in existence in Texas...if not, humans will be their next victims!

      Please use the letter that PETA's Martin Mersereau wrote to the Asst. DA to get the details, at the end (also article from the link below), but make it much shorter and hopefully a little different. For example, one could make several short letters (change your name/addy) each with a different part of the story.  Thanks so much for writing!  Adela

      ----- Original Message ----- From: Martin Mersereau: MartinM@...
      Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 3:53 PM
      Subject: RE: TX....kleenex needed

      Our letter is attached. Please feel free to forward widely and plagiarize freely! This is such a hideous case. Thanks for reaching out to us!Martin Mersereau, Casework Division Manager
      Domestic Animal Issues & Abuse Department
      People for Ethical Treatment of Animals
      757-622-7382, ext. 1506
      757-628-0796 (fax)
      http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/82203_local_dogbeating.html
      SAMPLE LTR. (Shorten, change a bit or write your own) Ann Johnson, Assistant District Attorney
      Harris County District Attorney’s Office
      Juvenile Division
      1201 Franklin St., Ste. 600
      Houston, TX 77002

      Dear Ms. Johnson:People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the world’s largest animal rights organization, with more than 750,000 members and supporters dedicated to animal protection. This letter concerns a recent case of cruelty to animals that your office is handling, involving two Houston boys, 12 and 13 years old, who—according to news reports—"placed a 6-month-old puppy in a plastic bag, beat [her] with sticks, and then threw the bag with the puppy against a telephone pole." Authorities reportedly stated that, when they arrived on the scene, the puppy—who sustained massive internal injuries—"could not walk and was in enormous pain." Upon closer examination, two lead air-rifle pellets were found lodged in the puppy’s back.We understand that the juveniles in question are scheduled to appear in court on September 8.As you know, mental health professionals and top law-enforcement officials consider animal abuse to be a red flag. The American Psychiatric Association identifies cruelty to animals as one of the diagnostic criteria for conduct disorders, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) uses reports of animal abuse in analyzing the threat potential of suspected and known criminals. Experts agree that it is the severity of the behavior—not the species of the victim—that matters (see enclosure). FBI interviews with murderers showed that 36 percent had, as children, tortured and killed animals and that 46 percent had done so as adolescents. When asked how many serial killers had a history of abusing animals, FBI supervisory special agent Alan Brantley, a psychologist who was formerly on staff at a maximum security prison, said, "The real question should be, how many have not?"In recent years, many schools have suffered the tragic consequences of cruelty to animals that was ignored or casually dismissed. Mississippi’s Luke Woodham, 16; Kentucky’s Michael Carneal, 14; Arkansas’ Mitchell Johnson, 13, and Andrew Golden, 11; Oregon’s Kip Kinkel, 15; Georgia’s Thomas "TJ" Solomon Jr., 15; and Colorado’s Dylan Klebold, 17, and Eric Harris, 17, who perpetrated killing sprees in their schools, all had histories of killing animals, as did serial killers Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert DeSalvo (the "Boston Strangler"), David Berkowitz (the "Son of Sam"), and Russell Weston.With violence in our schools at an all-time high and given the undeniable connection between cruelty to animals and human violence, it is imperative that animal abuse be taken seriously. On behalf of our thousands of members in Texas we ask that—upon conviction and in addition to a period of detention—the aforementioned suspects be required to undergo a thorough psychiatric evaluation followed by mandatory counseling. As repeat crimes against animals are the rule rather than the exception among animal abusers and given the malicious and violent nature of their alleged actions, we implore you to take every measure necessary to ensure that the suspects are prohibited from all contact with animals and that any animals currently in their respective residences are immediately seized for their own protection. Thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, [YOUR FULL NAME/ADDY/PHONE, ETC.]

      Tell of your passion of the causes you fight for!

      "Hunting ... the least honorable form of war on the weak".

      - Paul Richard

      Don't just question animal abuse. Interrogate it, impugn it, tear it down, dismember it, bury it, and when the mood strikes you, dance on its grave!

      "My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt."

      - Anna Sewell, (English Novelist)