Shelter Dogs - Major TA!

  • Karen Loveless
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003

      http://www.animalsinourhearts.com/shelter/memory1.htm

      Dear Mom and Dad,

      I died today. You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were
      overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number. I am in a plastic bag in a
      landfill now. Some other puppy will get the barley used leash you left. My
      collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me
      to the
      Rainbow Bridge.

      Would I still be at home if I hadn't chewed your shoe? I didn't know what it
      was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You
      forgot to get me puppy toys.

      Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what
      I did made me ashamed I had to go at all. There are books and obedience
      teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door.

      Would I still be at home if I hadn't brought fleas into the house? Without
      anti-flea medicine, I couldn't get them off me after you left me in the yard
      for days and days.

      Would I still be home if I hadn't barked and barked? I was only saying "I'm
      scared, I'm lonely, I'm here, I'm here! I want to be your best friend."

      Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didn't help.

      Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to
      teach me manners? You didn't pay attention to me after the first week or so,
      but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me.

      I died today.

      Karen, Jeff and mill rescues Poms Cowboy and Hershey, Poms Abigail and Tucker and Cock-a-Poo Grady and my kitty Minnie Me! Also from Poms Bridgette and Spritzer and kitties Cow,Tootie and Lucy who are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for us. We will never forget you! http://www.nopuppymills.com/