upcoming events (CA)

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 2:48 PM

      Hey everyone,
      I just wanted to update you on the events we
      have planned for this weekend and for May.

      -We are planning on doing vegan video brigade at
      8pm tonight, though rain cancels the event.

      -Tomorrow we will be leafleting at the Arthritis
      Foundation to debunk the myth that drinking milk
      builds strong bones. As it happens, the
      Arthritis Foundation does fund animal research,
      but it seems that the more positive anti-dairy
      message would be more effective and better-
      received than protesting the group's position on
      vivisection. Meet us at 8:30 at Crissy Field if
      you'd like to join us! Feel free to call my cell
      phone at 415-710-7351 if you can't find us!

      -Sunday we'll be distributing pro-veg literature
      at the Cinco de Mayo event at the Civic Center
      Plaza. We've got loads of Spanish literature.
      Spanish speakers willing to distribute lit with
      us are particularly encouraged to join us! We'll
      be there from 11 until it ends (not sure when
      that is???). To find us, in the morning call
      Christine Morrissey at 925-487-4419. After 1 or
      2, call me at 415-710-7351.

      We've been a little slow about updating our
      calendar of events this month (sorry!), but I
      promise we'll be having a busy a month of May.
      We'll of course be continuing our regular vegan
      video brigade every Friday night. This month is
      PETA's KFC month of action, so we'll be having
      regular Saturday KFC demos again starting next
      weekend at rotating SF locations. We may do a
      Mother's Day anti-veal demo (part of Farm
      Sanctuary's day of action campaign against the
      cruel veal industry). We also had successes
      leafletting outside baseball games and outside
      Ben & Jerry's, so we may do more of these. We're
      also planning on having our first meeting of our
      book club, in which we'll be reading "Living
      Among Meat Eaters" by Carol J. Adams. We'll let
      you know of all of these exciting events in the
      next few days when they're officially planned on
      and listed on our website.

      If you have any suggestions for events, please
      do email us!!!

      Thanks for all you're all doing to make a
      difference for animals!

      Nora

      "Animals are worth nothing to hunters, millions to the wildlife agencies, billions to the weapons industry... but priceless to us who fight for their liberation"!
      - Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting

      Tell of your passion of the causes you fight for!

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Colleen Klaum
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16 4:28 PM

        Hey everyone,
        Wanted to upsate you on our upcoming events.
        As you can see on our revised May calendar at
        www.freedom4animals.org/events.html,

        VEGAN VIDEO BRIGADE:
        For the first time in recent memory, FFA will not be doing Vegan Video
        Brigade on a Friday night (tonight). However, we will be doing VVB tomorrow
        (Sat) night instead due to a scheduling conflict. We'll be starting at 8
        instead of 9, which should reach more people outside the metreon. If you've
        never participated in the VVB, come check it out. It's a really effective
        outreach tool that always leaves us coming away feeling like we've made a
        difference.

        KFC:
        As May is PETA's KFC Month of Action, and as KFC is coming around to making
        some of the improvements PETA has demanded (see www.kfccruelty.com for
        developments in this campaign), we've decided to spread our KFC efforts
        around SF. This week we'll be at the KFC in the Marina at 2101 Lombard St.
        Hope you'll be able to join us from 12-2.

        NEIMAN CARCASS:
        As always, there'll be a Neiman Carcass anti-fur demo at the Neimans in
        Union Square at Geary and Stockton on Sunday from 2-4.

        As always, feel free to email the list with events that you've planned or
        would like to have planned, or any ideas you have that might be beneficial
        to us as a group, and of course to the animals.

        We have a number of exciting tabling opportunities over the course of the
        summer, and have ideas of projects and activities we'd like to do, so please
        check our calendar of events regularly at
        www.freedom4animals.org/events.html!

        Hope to see you soon!

        Thanks for all you're doing for animals!