Central Park Dogs Rescued!! Now they need a country home.

  • Bobbye Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2003
      This is a crosspost. Please reply to Libra Max
      (917) 968-6466 KindToAnimals@...

      Message: 14
      Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:33:53 EDT
      From: basketcas0@...
      Subject: Central Park Dogs Rescued - Now, They Need A
      Country Home

      Wonderful News! Central Park Dogs Finally Rescued!!
      Country Home

      Floppy and Ghost Dog, the two Shepherd mixes who had
      been barely surviving in Central Park for close to
      three years have finally been rescued!!

      Floppy and her partner Ghost Dog were discovered in
      emaciated condition in the upper part of Central Park
      back in June of last year. After asking around, I was
      told that these two beautiful dogs had been surviving
      the park for almost three years. Thanks to the
      unwavering dedication of several amazing people, we
      were finally able to rescue these two elusive and

      As many of you may remember from my first e-mail,
      Floppy had given birth many times in and around the
      park. She was exhausted from her multiple pregnancies
      and frequent injuries, yet never stopped protecting
      and bringing food
      to her constant companion Ghost Dog who seemed unable
      to care for himself. It was heart wrenching and
      beautiful to see them look after each other through
      freezing winter. We are so grateful that we were able
      to rescue them together.

      A Home is Needed!

      Floppy and Ghost Dog are extremely gentle,
      non-aggressive dogs. They love the company of other
      dogs. They are extremely shy at this point and will
      need a patient and dog-knowledgable person who will
      allow them to come out of their shell and help them
      feel safe. A securely fenced, country environment
      be wonderful where they can enjoy the outdoors they
      are used to.

      1 - By forwarding this e-mail to everyone you know.
      2 - By fostering or adopting Floppy and Ghost Dog -
      and by providing shelter for them in a secure country
      environment which is safely fenced in.

      *I will transport Floppy and Ghost Dog to an
      appropriate home anywhere in the United States.

      I want to extend my sincere thanks to all of you who
      posted or responded to my first e-mail with kind
      offers of help - and I know I can count on your help
      and support once again. Working together, we can make
      a difference in the lives of these two beautiful dogs.

      Thank you,
      Libra Max
      (917) 968-6466

      Please cross post