It's all coming together - kind of

  • capnscruffy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi Everybody,
      Just thought I'd post on my progress. I'll be picking up the anchor for my mooring when I get home next week. I went way overkill, I found a 1000 pound granite block, with a inch and a quarter eye bolt at a local monument company. At $160.00 it,s considerably less expensive then a mushroom anchor, and it will hold a much larger boat should one come my way. I have 10 feet of 1 inch navy chain, and 30 feet of half inch anchor chain. This ought to be plenty strong for pretty much whaat ever I find to hang on it. I'm still looking for a good used main, and after that sometime a jib. At sometime in the near future, I need to get it out on the hard to clean and paint the bottom. I'm finding boat stands on Craigslist for any where from $400 down to $250 for a set of four. Oh well, that's it for for now
      Fairwinds, capnscruffy
    • rickinnocal
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2009
        Do you need to buy stands, Scruffy?

        The boatyards where you can get hauled out around here (San Francisco area) charge about $0.40 to $0.60 per foot/per day to sit your boat on their hard while you work on it, but that includes the use of their stands.

        Richard
      • capnscruffy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2009
          --- In Coronado25@yahoogroups.com, "rickinnocal" <richard.alty@...> wrote:

          > Do you need to buy stands, Scruffy?
          >
          > The boatyards where you can get hauled out around here (San Francisco area) charge about $0.40 to $0.60 per foot/per day to sit your boat on their hard while you work on it, but that includes the use of their stands.
          >
          > Richard

          Hi Richard, I don't know what the fees are around here. I have been looking around on Craigslist for stands, and I've found them for 250 to 400 for a set of four. at my yacht club, I can use the yard for 72 hours max between july and nov. as for winter storage, it is limited, and I believe there is a waiting list.
        • capnscruffy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2009
            --- In Coronado25@yahoogroups.com, "capnscruffy" <capnscruffy@...> wrote:

            > Hi Everybody,
            > Just thought I'd post on my progress. I'll be picking up the anchor for my mooring when I get home next week. I went way overkill, I found a 1000 pound granite block, with a inch and a quarter eye bolt at a local monument company. At $160.00 it,s considerably less expensive then a mushroom anchor, and it will hold a much larger boat should one come my way. I have 10 feet of 1 inch navy chain, and 30 feet of half inch anchor chain. This ought to be plenty strong for pretty much whaat ever I find to hang on it. I'm still looking for a good used main, and after that sometime a jib. At sometime in the near future, I need to get it out on the hard to clean and paint the bottom. I'm finding boat stands on Craigslist for any where from $400 down to $250 for a set of four. Oh well, that's it for for now
            > Fairwinds, capnscruffy

            I suppose the yards/marinas have stands to use, I was thinking more along the lines of winter storage - I'm thinking of trying to find a less expensive alternative to a boatyard /marina
          • feba27echo
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2009
              Hi,

              Down in Charleston, Oregon you can have your boat hauled out for $300.00, launched for $250.00, and have your boat on land
              for 1-30 days for $40.00 plus $3.00/a day

              Stan and Tara

              --- In Coronado25@yahoogroups.com, "rickinnocal" <richard.alty@...> wrote:

              > Do you need to buy stands, Scruffy?
              >
              > The boatyards where you can get hauled out around here (San Francisco area) charge about $0.40 to $0.60 per foot/per day to sit your boat on their hard while you work on it, but that includes the use of their stands.
              >
              > Richard

            • rickinnocal
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 6, 2009
                --- In Coronado25@yahoogroups.com, "feba27echo" <feba27echo@...> wrote:
                > Down in Charleston, Oregon you can have your boat hauled out for $300.00, launched for $250.00, and have your boat on land
                > for 1-30 days for $40.00 plus $3.00/a day

                The recession must be hitting CA haulouts harder :-(

                The best price I've been quoted is $175 for haulout & relaunch, and $12.50/day for the hard. That is in Vallejo. Even right in Berkely Marina where Pendragon lives the haul out is $225 and the hard is $15 a day with the first 3 days free.

                Richard