Re: Winter series 4/10

  • salvage210
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
      I agree, after shedding about 300 lbs of "cruising fat", we had a light day, and that was when we finally beat someone. The lighter weight and clean bottom probably helped.

      They're going to re-rate you? Uh-oh!

      So you're winning by correcting over people, but where are you finishing "boat for boat"? Are you actually first or somewhere in the middle, correcting over people in front of you?

      --- In Coronado25@yahoogroups.com, paul geoghegan <geogheganpaulecdl2001@...> wrote:

      > With the hanks replaced and light winds we decided to throw the number one genoa up and after a very poor start we started to hunt them down winning the race by four minutes.  Lack of weight is the secret to light winds.  New handicaps this month and they will crucify us...wiser men would have held back for a minute or two but we had the bit between our teeth and went gung-ho for the finishing line.

    • salvage210
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
        Ah, so you're going to owe them more time.

        --- In Coronado25@yahoogroups.com, paul geoghegan <geogheganpaulecdl2001@...> wrote:

        > We have three classes racing every Saturday-Sports Class (spinnaker) and Whitesail A and B.  The only boats over the line in front of us were Sports Class.  One of the Spinnakers a GK24 was behind us as well.

      • xherrmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2010
          Perhaps that went over my head because I've been celebrating the San Francisco Giants 2010 World Championship, but I'm thinking that George is going to be *owed* less time. ?