Re: [Coronado25] Stripping our 68 Coronado 25

  • John Coyle
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2010
      Hi,

      Do you have a full stern rail, ? and where abouts are you located...

      Thanks

      John

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2010
        I am sure you have double checked but are you absolutely sure those aft soft spots in the hull are not part of the cabin sole liner--I have what appears to be a soft spot Port and Starboard very aft at first inspection but it is part of the liner and just wasn't supported when they glassed in the sole before attaching the deck.  Of course I am intersted in some of the parts if she must be destroyed--What Town in Illinois?  I go to North TN steveral times a year and may be able to schedule a trip to your town vs shipping.

        Ottis

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2010
          Canton, Illinois 61520

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2010
            Yes, I do.  Parts will be in Chicago Illinois suburbs.   Began disassembling today.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2010
              I live in the Chicago suburbs, however, the boat is in Canton, IL  61520.  I just began disassembling some of the pieces today.  I'm not sure about the spot, but this project just doen't work into my schedule and I will look for another boat at a later time.

[...]

            • ojacobsjr
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3, 2010
                Can you look behind the companionway ladder and see if there is a cable and pulley fixture there--A rope will lead to the cockpit with a winch looking pulley attached to a stainless cable that goes through the hull and attaches to the centerboard that winches up into the keel--Richard seems to think your picture indicates a standard keel but you description indicates it might be centerboard-I can't tell from th epicture when looking at the few pics I took at my haul out so HELP-cacan you confirm if the hardware behind the ladder is there or not??

                Thanks

                Ottis