2768Re: [Coronado25] USCG Documentation / Coronado 25 Net Tonnage

  • captcouillon
    Jul 10, 2014
      Thanks Marc...   Did the long hand and came up with the same number... 5 net ton.

      Gross ton and net ton are the same as there is no deduction for machinery spaces (engine room) .  The depth is measured from the deck to the foot of the keel so it is more than one would expect from std draft.

      Documenting to travel outside US...  always easier with Fed papers. Finally convinced the govt I really wasn't dead, and am now collecting my VA pension..  Ya-hooooo, no fixed address after labor day. Still working on the Solitaire, will finish the refit in Marathon this winter. Then maybe the long way back to Bocas in Panama.

      Figure it is worth the initial cost to document down the road... Will have to get a sticker in Florida, but as the Solitaire is a '69, I can get a one time "antique" tag for 12 bucks and keep the wildlife boys happy.

      Have come up with some interesting solutions to convert the std layout to something more suitable for a full time single hander. Will post more info, and photos as we get things a little closer to complete. Everything is extremely budget oriented, but effective.
      Type III MSD $150 installed.. All new parts including deck fittings. Super insulated standard ice box $18  All LED lights (interior and exterior) under $100 and so on.

      Thanks again for the info and assistance.
      Cap' Couillon
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic