2767Re: [Coronado25] USCG Documentation / Coronado 25 Net Tonnage

  • Marc Doheny
    Jul 7, 2014
      David,

      Mine has been documented since my dad first got it in 1969 to present.
      Gross Tonnage = 5 GRT
      Net Tonnage = 5 NRT
      Length 24.8
      Breadth 8.0
      Depth 5.9 (not sure where this came from)
      Hull Material = FRP (fiberglass)
      Mechanical Propulsion = Yes
      Year Completed = 1968 (not bought)
      Operational Endorsement = Recreation
      No other Restrictions or Entitlements.

      The deal back then was by documenting, you avoided CT "personal Property" tax! Not to mention a better proof of ownership.

      The good deal is once documented there currently are no yearly fees to renew!

      Not sure what the ordeal is to apply these days, but those numbers got it for us back in '69.

      Marc
      Wind Rose

      On Monday, July 7, 2014 12:15 AM, "david@... [Coronado25]" <Coronado25@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Has anyone used the USCG "interactive" form (http://www.uscg.mil/hq/msc/docs/CG-5397.pdf) to figure the net tonnage on a Coronado 25?  Adobe has quit supporting Linux so my onboard computer can't "interact" with the online PDF.   Should be close to making the required Net 5 tons for documentation at 25 LOA 8' Beam and  4' Draft (fudge) but want to make sure before I send of the (non-refundable) cash.

      Is anyone out there currently USCG Documented, or willing to plug in the numbers online and post the results?  Net tonnage should appear in the upper rignt corner of the form after the numbers are plugged in.
      Otherwise I guess its a hike to the library to find a Windows computer...

      Thanks in advance
      Cap' Couillon

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic