Two whales and an octo[us

  • Shang-ri La
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1 1:07 PM
      A fisherman friend of Terry Hocking saw two whales off Pernberth Cove, St Buryan area yesterday. The dorsal fins were very obvious but not as large as in the Orca, and I suspect that they were well-grown Pilot Whales.

      Paul Gainey tells me that fisherman Steve Long has caught a Common Octopus, Octopus vulgaris, which is much less common than the Curled Octopus, Eledone cirrhosa. It was found today in 40 fathoms 3 miles off CoverackIt Tomorrow it is being collected from Paul (after he has photographed it) and can then be seen in the Blue Reef Aquarium.

      Stella