Club News - 6th July

  • Club Admin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 3:36 PM
      Hi Everyone

      It's been an almost impossible week!

      The main club computer crashed. I sent it for repair, but it has come back with even more faults!

      I cannot unzip files
      The browsers keep crashing
      The computer shuts itself down randomly
      I cannot re-instate programs we need to run the club properly

      I am going to try once more to zero the computer and start afresh, on Monday, but I fear it will need a new master-board, power supply and hard disks

      It lasted almost 5 years, so I can't complain too much.

      I have prepared Monday's page (Mix 163) via an Internet cafe, and will send this out sometime tomorrow, giving me time on Monday to see about what can be done with the computer, although, I think we will be forced to buy a new one. Either way, it will take me most of the week to re-instate everything on the computer

      I have many more files to add to Gigatribe and to send out to the members, but until I can unzip and store them (even our external hard disks are full), there is not much I can do!

      The club is over $300 in the red at the moment, so we need a little financial support from the membership to get over these problems. I wouldn't ask, if we weren't in such a dire position!

      Remember, we are a 'non-profit' organization, and a need a little help every now and then!

      Please help with as much as you can afford, by making a donation via the page link below

      http://www.freebiesave.org/donate.html

      Sorry to have to ask for your help again, but I am left with no choice!

      I will make sure, however, that all those members who help the club through this crisis, will be rewarded for their support, with a 'special mix of goodies' once we are up and running again

      Regards
      Max
      Club Admin