Re: [Control-X] Run Away Job

  • Stein Arne Storslett
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 1 2:38 AM
      Here are the instructions I received from Michiel at BMC for removing a
      dummy job that wouldn't dissappear. I'm also at 2.24.05.

      Step 1:
      Right click on the JOB and choose Hold option. This is a very
      important step and should not be skipped. Right click on the the
      Properties option and then click on the Active tab and look for the
      fie ld called ORDERID and write it down. This OrderID Number is a
      base 36 number.

      Step 2:
      If you are using a UNIX based Control-M Server, telnet to the server
      and login as the Control-M user and if you are using a Windows system,
      open a command prompt by clicking on start, then click run. In the
      open field, type cmd and press enter.

      Step 3:
      At the command prompt, type "p_36 <orderid_number>" where the order
      id_number is the orderid number you wrote down in step one above.
      This output of this utility is in base 10. Write down this order
      number returned to you. You'll need it in the next steps.

      Step 4:
      For Sybase & MS-SQL Server:
      At the command prompt, type the command "SQL" and press enter.
      You should see a "1>" prompt after this command. If not, try typing:
      "isql -U userid -P password". If you are still unable to see the "1>"
      prompt, contact your system administrator to determine the state of
      the Control-M database and/or the user password.

      For Oracle:
      At the command prompt, type the command "sql" and press enter.
      You should see a "SQL>" prompt af ter this command. If not, try
      typing: "sqlplus userid/password". If you are still unable to see
      th e "SQL>" prompt, contact your system administrator to determine
      the state of the Control-M database and/or the user password.

      Step 5:
      Verify that the job we are changing is the correct one.

      For Sybase & MS-SQL Server:
      select JOBNAME, MEMNAME from CMR_AJF
      where ORDERNO = <orderid from step 3 above>
      go

      For Oracle:
      select JOBNAME, MEMNAME from CMR_AJF
      where ORDERNO = <orderid from step 3 above>;

      Review the information returned and make sure that the jobname/memname
      correspond to the correct job . Note that it is not a failure if
      one of the fields is empty. It simply means there is no memname
      or jobname in the database.

      Step 6: For Sybase & MS-SQL Server:

      At the "1>" prompt, type the following:

      update CMR_AJF set STATE = '5', OSCOMPSTAT=1, STATUS='N' where ORDERNO
      = <orderid from step 3 above> go exit

      For Oracle:

      At the "SQL>" prompt, type the following:

      update CMR_AJF set STATE = '5', OSCOMPSTAT=1, STATUS='N' where ORDERNO
      = <orderid from step 3 above> ; commit; exit

      Log out of the command prompt by typing exit.

      Step 7:
      If you are using a mirrored Control-M/Server, you will need to execute
      the commands below so that the mirror will remain in sync.

      For Sybase & MS-SQL Server and Oracle:
      At the command prompt, type the command "MIRROR_SQL" and press enter.
      You should see a "1>" prom pt or an SQL> prompt after this command.

      update CMR_AJF
      set STATE = '5', OSCOMPSTAT=1, STATUS='N'
      where ORDERNO = <orderid from step 3 above>
      go
      exit

      For Oracle:

      At the "SQL>" prompt, type the following:

      update CMR_AJF
      set STATE = '5', OSCOMPSTAT=1, STATUS='N'
      where ORDERNO = <orderid from step 3 above> ;
      commit; exit

      Log out of the command prompt by typing exit.

      Step 8:
      Now you should free the job by right clicking on the job and choose
      Free. This will cause an update to be sent from the database to the
      SL (selector) process running on the Control-M/Server. This action
      will cause the job status to update.

      Step 9:
      The job(s) in question should turn red shortly. If you want to
      delete the job immediately, right click on the job(s), choose Hold
      then click delete The job(s) will be removed on the next new day event

      * Juanita Neal <pcjun@...> [050527 14:16]:
      > Tried using ID: 88111, followed the instructions to the letter. Nothing happen. The instructions are for versions 6.1.xx.
      > We are way behind, Unix v224, AIX interface engine and ecs500. Would this make a difference???

      Stein Arne Storslett
    • Hassel, Scott
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 2 5:23 AM
         This is direct from BMC's resolution database
        Symptom/Question
         How can I remove a job that is no longer executing but still shows as yellow or white in CONTROL-M/Enterprise Manager?
        Additional Problem or Contact Information
         There are certain cases where a job stays on yellow status and it does not get removed from the AJF during new day. The solution is to manually change the status from within SQL.

        There are instructions below for Sybase, MS-SQL Server, and Oracle. Pay close attention to the appropriate section to ensure that you use the correct commands. If your Control-M/Server is mirrored, you will need to be sure to pay close attention to the mirror instructions below.
        Resolution
[...]

        At the command prompt, type the command "sql" and press enter. You should see a "SQL>" prompt after this command. If not, try typing: "sqlplus userid/password". If you are still unable to see the "SQL>" prompt, contact your system administrator to determine the state of the Control-M database and/or the user password.

[...]

        Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. The information contained in this document may be confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This document may contain material that is privileged or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, please (1) be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, or copying of this document IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED; and (2) notify sender immediately by telephone and destroy the document. THANK YOU.

      • Juanita Neal
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 3 6:27 AM
          Thanks to everyone for your help. My job turned red.

          Juanita