ctmcpt utility - CotrolM Agent on Windows NT, security

  • dadam@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
      My appollogies if this is reposting.

      Hello everyone,
      we are working out our first steps through the Control-M onWindows NT. Before I use official channels, can anyone comment on following issues ?
      The scenario is ControlM Server on Windows NT, ControlM Agent on the same machine.

      1.) Owner of the job can be set to non-existing user and yet the job seems to run succesfully !
      2.) If owner is set to user that is defined in Windows NT environment, but utility ctmcpt was not run to give that user the authority ( i.e. in the registry, there's no key created for that user/passowd ) and yet the job seems to run succesfully.

      Am I missing something here ?

      Is there a way to restrict everyone from everything ? Right now our system seems to be wide open to access - the only security I was able to set was in the file system of the agent Windows NT. By security I don't mean restricting users from editing/submiting/reading the job definitions, but rather restricting on behalf of whom the jobs can be submitted.

      Thanks in advance
      Best Regards

      Daniel

      Daniel Adam
      Gratex International
      dadam@...
    • boe.franklin@xx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
        Sorry Daniel but I've had no experience with Control-M on NT.
        Good luck and if you could, please post a FYI follow up for us.
        Thanks,
        Boe Franklin
        410-308-6796
        Technical Services, Atrium
        Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown

[...]

        --------------------------- ONElist Sponsor
        ----------------------------

        Congratulations to Richard van den Brink
        This week's FRIENDS & FAMILY WINNER!
        To enter go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html

        User Center. Not affiliated with New Dimension Software.
      • santos_ayala@xxxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
          Same here Daniel. Having Control-M on NT is on my back burner so any
          information I can get ahead of time will help.
          Thanks

          boe.franklin@... on 08/03/99 12:24:26 PM

          Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

          To: Control-X@onelist.com
          cc: (bcc: Santos Ayala/FIT/GSAG_Corp)

          Subject: RE: [Control-X] ctmcpt utility - CotrolM Agent on Windows NT,
          security

          ?
[...]

          ONElist: the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
          CONNECT to people with the same interests.

          User Center. Not affiliated with New Dimension Software.