Control-M on NT

  • Marian Gasparovic
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 1999
      Hi, I asked this before, but....
      Cab anybody confirm I can use Control-M, Enterprise
      ControlStation on NT and communicate with Control-M on
      mainframe through SNA ? There is a chapter in ControlM
      NT manual about configuring SNA and TCP/IP but both
      contain only - not implemented. Later in manual there
      is installation dialog, where you choose type of
      communication and there is only TCP and NONE. Any
      comments ?

      thank you

      P.S. I am still ineterested how other sites handle
      time synchronization between Control-Ms on different
      platform. I need it mainly for looking to log files.

      ===
    • Anderson, Mike - ITS
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 1999
        Marian;

        I am under the understanding that SNA is not supported in the ECS on NT
        release. There also is some doubt that it will ever be.

        Just out of curiosity, why did you elect to go with the NT version as
        opposed to the UNIX version?

        Mike

        Cab anybody confirm I can use Control-M, Enterprise
        ControlStation on NT and communicate with Control-M on
        mainframe through SNA ? There is a chapter in ControlM
        NT manual about configuring SNA and TCP/IP but both
        contain only - not implemented. Later in manual there
        is installation dialog, where you choose type of
        communication and there is only TCP and NONE. Any
        comments ?

        thank you

        P.S. I am still ineterested how other sites handle
        time synchronization between Control-Ms on different
        platform. I need it mainly for looking to log files.

        ===

        --------------------------- ONElist Sponsor
        User Center. Not affiliated with New Dimension Software.
      • Marian Gasparovic
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 1999
          > Marian;
          >
          > I am under the understanding that SNA is not
          > supported in the ECS on NT
          > release. There also is some doubt that it will ever
          > be.

          And can SNA be used when I run without ECS ? Or I talk
          nonsense now ? I have no experiences with CTM on NT.

          > Just out of curiosity, why did you elect to go with
          > the NT version as
          > opposed to the UNIX version?

          Actually it is strategy of our customer to run
          mainframe and NT stations. They want to get rid of
          supporting multiple platforms and NTs were chosen.
          ===