Email

  • santos_ayala@tfcomp.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 1999
      (Embedded image moved to file: PIC15876.PCX)

      From: Santos Ayala on 06/17/99 10:06 AM

      To: Control-X @ onelist.com
      cc:
      Subject: Email

      Enviornment: Control-M 5.0.4, OS390 MVS/ESA 2.5.

      Is there a way I can send a message to a customer's Lotus Notes email from
      the mainframe's Control-M scheduler when a job ends?
    • Johnny Figueroa
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 1999
        I just went to the IOA conference. I think that will be possible in the next
        release of M (6.xx), I.e. SMTP support.

        Until then, I think you can use REXX and TSO on MVS to communicate with your
        e-mail system. Unfortunately I don't have any practical experience with
        that. What I've heard is that you have to have some kind of SMTP address
        space running as a subset of TCP/IP that handles the mail.

        I am attaching some JCL and REXX that you can probably get from IBM. I guess
        you could do a shout from Control-M that triggers the automation to execute
        the REXX. Pretty easy if you have Control-O or some other MVS automation.
        The REXX code has some good usage comments at the top.

        The new Control-O/PC now called O Server for NT has that support.

        I hope this helps.
        See attached: SMTPJCL.TXT (jcl) and SMTPREXX.TXT

        > (Embedded image moved to file: PIC15876.PCX)
        >
        > From: Santos Ayala on 06/17/99 10:06 AM
        >

        > To: Control-X @ onelist.com
        > cc:
        > Subject: Email
        >

        > Enviornment: Control-M 5.0.4, OS390 MVS/ESA 2.5.
        >
        > Is there a way I can send a message to a customer's Lotus Notes email from
        > the mainframe's Control-M scheduler when a job ends?

      • Anderson, Mike - ITS
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 1999
          Santos;

          Just send an e-mail via the SMTP Services provided by TCP/IP, assuming of
          course that you have TCPSMTP on MVS, and can get to the Lotus Notes address
          via SMTP. Book Manager has some good examples of doing this in TSO and
          REXX.

          Let me know if you would like the samples that we made use of here.

          Mike

          (Embedded image moved to file: PIC15876.PCX)

          From: Santos Ayala on 06/17/99 10:06 AM

          To: Control-X @ onelist.com
          cc:

          Enviornment: Control-M 5.0.4, OS390 MVS/ESA 2.5.

          Is there a way I can send a message to a customer's Lotus Notes
          email from
          the mainframe's Control-M scheduler when a job ends?
          << File: PIC15876.PCX >>
        • santos_ayala@xxxxxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 1999
            Thanks, I'll look into it.

            mike.anderson@... on 06/24/99 02:54:44 PM

            Please respond to Control-X@onelist.com

            To: Control-X@onelist.com
            cc: (bcc: Santos Ayala/FIT/GSAG_Corp)

            Subject: Re: [Control-X] Email

            From: Santos Ayala on 06/17/99 10:06 AM

            To: Control-X @ onelist.com
            cc:

            Enviornment: Control-M 5.0.4, OS390 MVS/ESA 2.5.

            Is there a way I can send a message to a customer's Lotus Notes
            email from
            the mainframe's Control-M scheduler when a job ends?
            << File: PIC15876.PCX >>

            Who is the most visited e-mail list community Web Service?
            http://www.onelist.com
            ONElist.com - where more than 20 million e-mails are exchanged each day!

            User Center. Not affiliated with New Dimension Software.