Alerts

  • dalesd2003
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
      Does anyone know of a way to prevent/disable alerts for agents going
      unavailable? Several of our windows agents are on a reboot schedule
      and when they reboot an alert is issued stating that the status of
      the agent has changed to unavailable. This generates a help desk
      ticket when there really is no problem. I tried disabling the agent
      from the command line but this also generates an alert so that
      doesn't help much. I would like to schedule something to disable
      the alerts at a certain time and then re-enable them.

      Thanks
    • Bowers, Joe F.
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
        Message
        When I first asked that question, the answer was no.

          We use Tivoli to take our alerts and place them into Peregrine.  On the Tivoli side we placed rules which are turned off for a period of time so no tickets are generated.  If during that time a ticket should be generated, it is done manually.  We togle Tivoli, via verbage within the alert.

        It might not be the best way, but it seems to work for us most of the time.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 2, 2004
          Hi,

          Use BMC's Impact Manager.
          It's dynamic rulebases provides just the means to do this.
          And there is a gateway for peregrine.

          Bowers, Joe F. wrote:
[...]

          Kind regards,
          Mark Ceulemans

        • chuck_daye
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 2, 2004
            If you don't have Tivoli...you can modify the script that sends your
            smtp traps to Peregrine. In the script check for the times that you
            don't want to send an alert and filter the alerts

            Chuck

            --- In Control-X@yahoogroups.com, "dalesd2003" <sdale@f...> wrote:
            > Does anyone know of a way to prevent/disable alerts for agents
            going
            > unavailable? Several of our windows agents are on a reboot schedule
            > and when they reboot an alert is issued stating that the status of
            > the agent has changed to unavailable. This generates a help desk
            > ticket when there really is no problem. I tried disabling the
            agent
            > from the command line but this also generates an alert so that
            > doesn't help much. I would like to schedule something to disable
            > the alerts at a certain time and then re-enable them.
            >
            > Thanks
          • dalesd2003
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2, 2004
              Chuck,