RE: [Control-X] RE: CTM Agent 6.1.01.xx and autoedit variables

  • itopssupport@bendigobank.com.au
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      Message
      hehe...yes Jeff... I think I know who you are talking about....The company that does a comprehensive beta trial, gets signoff from 20 sites, then changes the code significantly before going GA?  We've just been bitten rather badly by that one.

      I have had some updates on this from 'almost development', and one from development.  I need to clarify a few things with the 'almost' people first before I post anything here, but the development response was "we are unable to reproduce the problem you encounter.  Option 2 performs precisely how V2.24 performed autoedit resolution.".  Now that strikes me as rather odd, because their unofficial documentation SAYS it changes things from the way 2.24 worked!   Surely if its working like 2.24, then its not performing the way it was designed (no matter how bad the design is!).  When you also consider that Level 2 support CAN reproduce the problem, at will, then I think they have their own little problem.....maybe development need to call support for assistance (j/k).

      Development, and I know you are all in this group.... Go back to basics and give us something that DOES pass variables EXACTLY as they appear, for gods sake...... This is costing us thousands of dollars to have manual intervention for all the jobs that are failing (and god knows how may arent failing, but arent working either!)

      Roger Bruce,

      Technical Analyst,

      IT Infrastructure Build,

      Bendigo Bank Limited,